[SOLVED] Do I have to unplug my Z-Stick Gen 5 to include new devices?

I have added my items manually so I don’t have an items file.

When I walk in front of the motion sensor the log shows…
2018-02-14 23:12:26.249 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_ack changed from 88 to 89
2018-02-14 23:12:26.256 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_sof changed from 175 to 176
2018-02-14 23:12:30.527 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_sof changed from 176 to 177
2018-02-14 23:12:30.544 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_ack changed from 89 to 90
2018-02-14 23:12:30.558 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_sof changed from 177 to 178
2018-02-14 23:12:34.613 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_sof changed from 178 to 179
2018-02-14 23:12:34.629 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_serial_zstick_80b4c831_serial_ack changed from 90 to 91

Here’s the rule…
var Timer myTimer_FR_Motion = null
val int timeoutMinutes = 2

rule "Family Room Motion"
when
// This is the Motion Sensor Item that will trigger to turn on the light. State “ON” means when the sensor detects motion.
Item FR_Motion changed to ON
then
// you will want to create a rule which determines when it is day and when it is night. once you have implemented
// day night states, you can enable the following line. remember to uncomment the last brace at the bottom too.
// if ( nightstate.state==on && lt_fr_table.state==off ) {

// this checks to see if there is currently a timer that exists.
if ( myTimer_FR_Motion===null ) {
logInfo(“FRMotion”, “motion detected in the Family Room, turning on lights for {} minutes.”, timeoutMinutes)

// This instructs the Smart Plug to turn ON.
FR_Plug_1.sendCommand(ON)

// This is where to add an additional Smart Plug to turn ON
// PLUGNAME.sendCommand(ON)

myTimer_FR_Motion = createTimer(now.plusMinutes(timeoutMinutes), [|
     logInfo("FRMotion", "Timer expired... turning off lights")

// Change Smart Plug to be a Switch thing.
FR_Plug_1.sendCommand(OFF)

// This is where to turn OFF second Smart Plug
// PLUGNAME.sendCommand(OFF)

myTimer_FR_Motion = null
     ])
  }
  else {
     logInfo("FRMotion", "Motion detected in Family Room rescheduling timer, adding {} minutes.", timeoutMinutes )
     myTimer_FR_Motion.reschedule(now.plusMinutes(timeoutMinutes))
  }

// Uncomment the following curly brace if you enable the first IF statement above.
// }

end

Did you by chance use a different USB port than before?

Is the ZWvave Controller still Online?

Did the ZWave Binding get uninstalled?

Go to the Control menu item, can you still activate the Light/Switch from OH PaperUI? If so most of the stuff I asked is fine.

1 Like

It would make things easier to post code and logs in code fences for easier readability.

OK, you have no bindings to those devices, all I see is controller communication (ACK, etc).

If you had any channels defined I would see those channels reporting changes or updates.

1 Like

See below…

Ok, now go to the Sensor Thing in PaperUI and check the Channels and their links to Items. Remember clicking on the Blue Circle?

1 Like

Sorry @psych, I’m not sure what a code fence is. The sensor seems to be online and channels are defined.

Yep, they’re all linked to items just as before the problem started.

Confirm that the Alarm Channel is linked like we set it up the other night.

1 Like

Ok, if you tap on the Sensor does the Green Tamper light turn on?

1 Like

Yep…

Yes it does.

Ok, have you used the HABPanel yet? It is a good UI for testing and info.

1 Like

Never have. I’m willing to try anything to learn.

Am I the only one who has noticed the node has not yet initialised? Check the picture, its in it’s DYNAMIC_VALUES phase

1 Like

No, I didn’t notice that. That’s probably it.

Wake up the device by pushing and holding the action button on the Sensor. Directions below.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000057073-multisensor-6-user-guide-

Waking up Multisensor 6.

In order to configure Multisensor 6, you must either (1) wake up Multisensor 6 using the below button press function, or (2) temporarily put your Multisensor 6 on USB power.

1. Press and hold Multisensor 6 Action button

2. Wait until the RGB LED turns into a Yellow/Orange Color

3. Release Multisensor 6 Action Button

The LED on Multisensor 6 will now rapidly blink its Yellow/Orange LED while it is in its awake state. You may send in any configurations or commands from your current gateway to configure your Multisensor 6.

1. Tap the Action Button on Multisensor 6 to put Multisensor 6 back to sleep, or wait 10 minutes. (recommended to manually put it back to sleep to conserve battery life).
1 Like

Go watch this video. You can learn a little about HABPanel by watching from the 6:55 mark. You need to install the HABPanel UI. See Screen shot below.

1 Like

@Toneus I just woke up the MultiSensor and it’s still not working. I need to get back to this tomorrow after work. I really appreciate everyone’s help!

This is possible, but unless you are running the development zwave binding, you will need to use another software to heal the network (rebuild routes). The development binding is the only 2.x version that can currently do a heal. Best to do the inclusion through OH with the controller and device at their normal locations. This could be a reason for the issues you are having. Here’s some info from Chris, but in 2014 he was talking about the 1.x binding.

This can be avoided with a UDEV rule. There are lots of topics on this too.

1 Like

@162884 Have you issued the following on the PI so we can see what is happening when you are causing motion in front of the sensor?

tailf /var/log/openhab2/events.log

This will keep a running output of the events log until you hit ‘ctrl c’ and will only read the last part of the log. Once you run it cover the sensor and uncover it to see if the things/items are triggering log entries. Since your light is working you can also test it out with tailf by turning the light on via paperUI to get an idea of what you will see happen.

Also the above tailf command is what is a code fence it is part of posting and keep things tidy along with some syntex highlighting (in some cases).

Also something else that is useful is leveraging commands like cat or more with grep

cat /var/log/openhab2/events.log | grep 2018-02-15

The above will spit out all the logs with that time stamp, which could be helpful to you if you wanted to look at the past events but limit the only a date/timestamp.

cat /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log | grep 2018-02-15 | grep 12:0

Spit out the same log but only match that date and then filter again to 12:00 through 12:09.

1 Like

Thanks @anonymous.one! I will do this later today when I return from work and report back.