[SOLVED] [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-action-mail'

On snapshot #1655 (same day M2 got through).
Previously had action:mail installed.
In the process of moving over to the mail binding.

Now I see this in my log every minute:

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing openhab-action-mail

I have removed the mail.cfg file in the services folder and rebooted, made sure there are no active entries in addons.cfg, but it still tries installing the mail action.

In paperUI, the mail action is no longer listed, so I cannot uninstall it from there.

Any suggestions on how to make the feature installer stop trying to install the mail action?

2 Likes

It should stop when you also remove it from:

userdata/config/org/openhab/addons.config

Maybe we should add an issue for distro (?). This will happen to all users that have bindings installed which have been moved to legacy. I guess that’s quite a few until 2.5 is released (coming from 2.4).

There is certainly room for improvement when add-ons move to the legacy add-ons causing such issues.

Not moving such add-ons to legacy also has its issues. It can be confusing when the UI shows multiple add-on versions and new users may start off with an outdated add-on. They might also get frustrated because discovery doesn’t work and they don’t see Things. :wink:

Thank you!
That did the trick (after a restart).

1 Like

I have the same issue but userdata/ does not exist on my openhabian running openhab 2.5 stable.
Any ideas?

Thanks and best
Matthias

If you’re running OpenHAB you definitely have an userdata directory. It might not be named that way though. On my system (Debian with OH installed from repo) the directory is /var/lib/openhab2, not really sure where it is in openhabian. There might be clues here

I found this discussion: [SOLVED] [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing all bindings

I moved all config files (for backup reasons) to *.oldconfigold there and rebooted my raspberry. This was somehow fixing several issues incl. the openhab-mail-action. SO if anybody with openhabian is having similar problems this might help.

1 Like