[SOLVED] Error message "dhcpd.service: control process exited, code=exited status 6"

What do you see when you type ifconfig

Edit: If you don’t see wlan0 then use ifconfig -a

If you see wlan0 listed then check that it’s not blocked with sudo rfkill list If you find it blocked let me know and I’ll post how to unblock.

Sorry I apologize, I did go back to the ethernet installation again. After installing I will just leave the dhcpd problem, like in the link you provided before.

I think maybe the wifi problem is because it is a Model B+? Somewhere was written that with the Model B+ the wifi is deactivated by default.

Can’t comment b/c I don’t use the wifi.:neutral_face: OH runs headless so no need to access the RPI and it’s only one power cord and the Ethernet cable.:wink: No need to worry with wifi traffic or signal strength.

So after reinstallation, the same problem with the dhcpd. The error occurs after I activated the wifi with openhabian-config. When I dont activate wifi, I dont get the error.

Did you ever set the country using raspi-config ?

If not, use the openhabian-config tool to remove the wifi setup then use raspi-config to set the country and then setup wifi (again,:sweat_smile:).

If I reset the wifi over openhabian-config (I leave the SSID and Key empty, but still have to provide a country code) then the raspi-config says that it could not communicate with wpa_supplicant and I cant do any wifi settings.

When first opening an ssh connection it says to set the country via raspi-config before using wifi.

Maybe try removing everything wifi related, clean the cache, reboot, then try setting the country. If that doesn’t work you might have to flash a new image and start over.:roll_eyes:

I just did a new installation again. Same dhcpd error.
Does anybody know if that is maybe something model B+ related?

Stay away from this “systemctl status dhcpcd.service” command.:rofl:

Just make sure that you set the RPI IP address as static/reserved in the router and you shouldn’t have any issues.:wink:

Currently installing OH2 on my SSD.
Big thanks to @H102 the tutorial you’ve provided worked perfectly!
And I get the exact same error.
wlan0 is not blocked either soft or hard.
I never got these problems when installing OH and this isn’t the first install …

The error message aside does your OH run fine otherwise?

Maybe you wifi-ers have found a bug.:hushed:

If you would, post the link used to download the image. I’m working with a few others (not wifi related) that are having issues with openhabian image install.

Thanks

actually can’t reach the apache server, OH2 daemon seems fine and active but I don’t think that the localhost is running…

Trying to make a HTTP request to the correct network socket:

Kind of weird, the installation was easier back in the days lol

When

sudo reboot

'ing the pi stays shutdownd, is this behaviour normal with a USB connected storage drive?
This is so weird

man, but I can’t sleep like that. I need all green OKs at startup :smiley:

I’m the same way.:rofl:

I’m searching github now, what image version did you use?

The first one listed here, v1.4.1?

yes :slight_smile:

same version here

@VioletAnt see the link below, last post, I think this is what you tried earlier, correct or no.

I will try to do a new install and then go right away with raspi-config. Before I used openhabian-config first.

.:crossed_fingers: that it works.

That’s what I thought you were doing earlier.:neutral_face: but it’s obvious I need to work on my writing skills.:rofl:

I think it was more my fault. I thought it would suffice to just try to undo the openhabian-config settings and then run raspi-config.

The guy in the last post of the link you provided. Did he run raspi-config when the installation failed (so he could set the wifi settings for installation) or after he installed it successfully? Because I am not sure if he meant the first. But I dont know how to do that, because it seems if the installations aborts there is no command prompt.