[SOLVED] Error sending persistency message for item

Seeing a lot of these error from the openhab.log "Error sending persistency message for item

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.persistence.mqtt.internal.MqttPersistencePublisher.publish(MqttPersistencePublisher.java:95) [217:org.openhab.persistence.mqtt:1.11.0]
	at org.openhab.persistence.mqtt.internal.MqttPersistenceService.store(MqttPersistenceService.java:146) [217:org.openhab.persistence.mqtt:1.11.0]
	at org.openhab.core.persistence.internal.PersistenceServiceDelegate.store(PersistenceServiceDelegate.java:55) [214:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.2.0]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl.handleStateEvent(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:131) [114:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl.stateChanged(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:432) [114:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence:0.10.0.b1]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.GenericItem$1.run(GenericItem.java:234) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.b1]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

This is my mqtt.cfg

mqtt:mosquitto.url=tcp://localhost:1883

mqtt:mosquitto.clientId=openhab

This is my mqtt.persist

Strategies {
        everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
        default = everyChange
}
Items {
        // persist all items every hour and on every change
        * : strategy = everyChange, everyHour
}

and this is my mqtt-persistence.cfg

broker=mqtt:mosquitto.url=tcp://localhost:1883

topic=/openhab/1$

message=%1$s, %3$s

How can I fix this error. I did some google search and someone say to uninstall one of the mqtt bundle and reinstall. I just don’t want to mess up my current config by doing this.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

remove the mqtt: at the beginning of your mqtt.cfg lines

mosquitto.url=tcp://localhost:1883
mosquitto.clientId=openhab

you also have to declare:

mosquitto.retain=true

Your mqtt-persistence.cfg should be:

broker=mosquitto
topic=openhab/1$
message=%1$s, %3$s

Thank you for your response. I tried the config corrections you suggested and I don’t see the error message "Error sending persistency message for item anymore.

Thanks again! :+1:

Coolio!
Please mark the tread as solved!
Thanks