[SOLVED] Failed downloading Marketplace entries: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

the other post was useless / unrelated

i have deleted the two files from the fix so the original marketplace error has returned but the two new errors have gone so i can confirm that this is something that happend because of the two .jar files

i’m unsure how to proceed now

I still have this problem even after downloading the cryptography extension. I´m running Openhab 2.2.0 on a Win7-machine with Oracle JRE 1.8.0_181.

I´ve placed the two jar-files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_181\lib\security\ and rebooted the machine. Still have the same errors.

Any help would be appreciated!

10:30:02.396 [WARN ] [marketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
10:30:02.396 [WARN ] [marketplace.internal.MarketplaceProxy] - Retrying again in a minute

I followed this solution and I’m no longer receiving the errors in my log, but now I can’t open Eclipse.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2018-09-29 12:22:19.370
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/resources/ResourcesPlugin
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.plugin.EcorePlugin.getWorkspaceRoot(EcorePlugin.java:1131)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.<clinit>(ExtensibleURIConverterImpl.java:393)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getURIConverter(ResourceSetImpl.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.getResource(ResourceHandler.java:350)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.loadResource(ResourceHandler.java:326)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ResourceHandler.loadMostRecentModel(ResourceHandler.java:231)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.loadApplicationModel(E4Application.java:435)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:260)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.designer.ui.internal.application.Application.start(Application.java:32)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:236)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.resources (67).
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:116)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:531)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:324)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:311)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:382)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:336)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:328)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	... 26 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.core.resources.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:792)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.hooks.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	... 35 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.ObjectNotFoundException: Tree element '/config/config/transform/readme.txt' not found.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.AbstractDataTree.handleNotFound(AbstractDataTree.java:257)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.getData(DeltaDataTree.java:585)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DataDeltaNode.asBackwardDelta(DataDeltaNode.java:50)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DataDeltaNode.asBackwardDelta(DataDeltaNode.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DataDeltaNode.asBackwardDelta(DataDeltaNode.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.asBackwardDelta(DeltaDataTree.java:88)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.reroot(DeltaDataTree.java:816)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.reroot(DeltaDataTree.java:815)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.reroot(DeltaDataTree.java:815)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.dtree.DeltaDataTree.reroot(DeltaDataTree.java:792)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.watson.ElementTree.immutable(ElementTree.java:518)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.restore(SaveManager.java:711)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.startup(SaveManager.java:1532)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.startup(Workspace.java:2464)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.open(Workspace.java:2219)
	at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start(ResourcesPlugin.java:447)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:771)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:764)

Is there a way to fix this for future installs?

This worked for me (sudo mv) on pi/openhabian, using unzipped jars from original fix attached to OP.
Errors gone, no new errors introduced.

Hi @Scott_Gowans thanks for the advice

I’m just about too look into this again.

how did you unzip the files did you unzip on PC and copy through SMB shares or did you unzip directly on RPI?

i downloaded the zipped file too the location recommended using WGET but could not get them too unzip so i had to unzip them on a windows machine copy the .jar files too the openhab rpi home share and moved them from there this did solve the initial problem but introduced two more

I unzipped on my PC and moved them to a directory I had access to on Samba. I then used putty to get to my Pi and used the mv command to move the files.

It looks like they broke my Eclipse when I did this though.

that’s exactly what i did here too i’m not sure what it broke on my setup i was just getting errors and in the process of trying too fix the errors i broke my setup so had too re flash i’m now trying the same method now

the closest i have come to unzipping the file on rpi is renaming the file from .zip to .ZIP this allowed the unzip utility too open the zip file but just gives a different error

End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.

going too try the smb route again

This worked for me as well. I didn’t have to mess with permissions or anything like that using the mv command.Thank you.

Yep, just unzipped on PC, copied jars over to /tmp via FileZilla, then did the mv via putty.

EDIT: Hmm…weird, after a reboot not long ago, I’m now getting parsing errors.

Failed downloading Marketplace entries:  : ParseError at [row,col]:[1,3]

…and now the ParseError has mysteriously stopped. NVM. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Solved it after a bit of troubleshooting…maybe it helps someone else…

I forgot to update the JAVA_HOME-variable, so it pointed to an old installation (1.8.0_151). After reinstalling Oracle Java 1.8.0_181 and pointing the variable to the new installation. The error message is gone!

Instructions:

After rereading the entire post quite a few times

@Kai posted my solution it seems I needed to download a different set of files for openhabian running on a rpi (zulu embedded)

Once downloaded these files unzipped perfectly on my rpi and used sudo mv too move the files too the java home directory listed above a quick restart and all errors gone

Please help the “less experienced” by making a simple “how to” guide to fix this problem, I tried the above mentioned solutions (used and downloaded @Kai’s recommended files from post #14, the commands from post #41, tried to fix permissions per post #44) but it only introduced more errors.

I use openHABian on RPi and Mac OS SSH to copy/paste files to the Rpi

@Arnaud_Catz Im not sure if this will help and im far from an expert here im still a linux begginner myself alli did was

1. start a new ssh session

2. Change your directory to home

cd
  1. Download the zipfile (I used the one linked below as im running openhabian on my RPI but there is a different one that just gave me errors )
sudo wget https://cdn.azul.com/zcek/bin/ZuluJCEPolicies.zip
  1. Unzip the file
sudo unzip ZuluJCEPolicies.zip
  1. change directory to the unzipped file
cd /home/openhabian/ZuluJCEPolicies
  1. move the two java files too the java home folder
sudo mv local_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/
sudo mv US_export_policy.jar /usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/security/
  1. reboot your system
sudo reboot
13 Likes

You are the best! Your tutorial fixed the issue, many many thanks for making it easy for me!!!

1 Like

I’m Glad i could help its normally me asking for help around here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I officially promote you from “asker” to “helper” :grinning:

1 Like

i do always try when i can i have been stuck frustrated myself doing this stuff many times its nice to return the favour

@Arnaud_Catz you are pretty new too OH how are you finding it ?

1 Like

I have been using OH2 about a year now, very happy with it up until the “marketplace-bug”. I mainly use Node Red as my rule engine to link my Daikin AC as a heater (with a Marketplace binding) to my Tado room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves to make an efficient and user-friendly heating system with a high “WAF”

The most Important thing :slight_smile:

1 Like