[SOLVED] Fibaro Door/Window sensor 2 (FGDW-002) not sending door open

Generally this is an indication of a non-fully initialized device. Do you have 5 lines on the UI page, including “Reinitialize Device”
Five Lines of configured node

and an Node .XML file in the Openhab/Userdata/zwave folder? If not, you will need to wake the device potentially several times. Fibaro devices have a lot of parameters.

Bob

1 Like

Although the device can track the magnet all around it (I’ve tested with one that I installed and was working properly, for some time though…).

I will try to reset some and see how it goes. As far as I understood, these devices don’t have the capability to work as a “repeater” for others, right? So they always have to connect to other devices that can really create the mesh network.

I do have a lot of rollershutter switches and dimmer switches from SimonTech though, so those can actually work with a mesh network without any problems and work very well actually.

I also have, besides the Aeotec Gen5+ pen, two Aeotec Range Extender 7. In total, without counting the Fibaro sensors, my Z-Wave network have around 40 devices spread in different places, all working properly. So I can imagine this is not a coverage problem.

I actually don’t have that exact one. I do have all others, but not exactly that one!

Interesting, I am also missing on XML files for most of my sensors. Does this mean that I have to reset and include them again in OH by rediscovering them all over?

No that will just get you back to where you are now. You need to press the “wake” or “action” button per the manual instructions on the devices missing the info

Also as an aside, I recall you updated to a Zwave snapshot from an earlier thread. By marking the advanced tab on the Controller UI page, do you see something like this??

If yes set to 20.

Bob

1 Like

Yes, battery devices do not work as repeater as it would waste too much energy.

The rollershutters and dimmers do work as mesh repeater (similar in my house)

I am also missing on XML files for most of my sensors

This almost every time means that the initialisation hasn’t fully been made into the network by openHAB. Try to wake up the sensor (check the zwave debug if it sends something) - sometimes it is missing some date to fully finish it.

1 Like

That’s true, I did manually updated the Zwave so that I could have the two new devices I inserted in the db.

I don’t see that, but I do see this:

That’s right, I forgot about the reason why. This is why. :slight_smile:

Perfect, I will do this whenever I can.

That is on the device UI page, not the controller UI (node 1?)

1 Like

Yup, I do have that in my controller and it was set to 10.

I’ve changed to 20. Great suggestion by the way!