[SOLVED] Fibaro FGSD-002 smoke detector, settings help

Hello,

Could anyone that has one of these smoke detectors please post their settings in HABmin?
By settings I mean “configuration parameters”, “Association groups” etc.

Also @chris , I have a weird scenario where if I change a setting in configuration parameters and save it to the node.
I then shutdown openhab2 and go to another openhab2 (for example a new one with latest snapshot and development binding only). I would expect that when the node is found that openhab2 would read what settings are in the configuration parameters.
However, it does not.
It shows standard that it brings from the generated xml(?).
So my question is, doesn’t openhab2 read configuration parameters and display them accordingly?
Also, If I change one setting and transfer them to the node via habmin (ie save and then wake up the node to receive the setting), will it only send this new setting or will it send a complete string of all settings?

Yes - it should…

But…

When you set a parameter on a battery device, the device will need to wake up before the parameter actually gets set on the device. If it doesn’t wake up, then the parameter will not be set.

Then, when the other OH starts, the device will need to wake up again (possibly a few times) for the information to be read back. If it doesn’t wake up, then the old information from the XML file will be displayed (which will be the information that OH read last time it was running).

It will only set the parameter you change - not all settings.

Well, I know for a fact that my smoke detector gets the new readings as I can enable disable broadcasts (so that other nodes turn on or not act upon alarm).
However, I can’t for the life of me get the SMOKE to be ON/ALARM!

@chris I just excluded the smoke detector. Did a reset of the detector, included it again.
And when I trigger with “real” fire smoke" it only sends this:
18:42:04.918 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler ALARM_REPORT SMOKE
18:42:05.043 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler ALARM_REPORT SMOKE
18:43:08.933 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler ALARM_REPORT SMOKE
18:43:08.936 24 STATE UPDATE zwave:device:15cd977bcb9:node24:alarm_smoke OFF [OnOffType]

As you can see, it never sends a state update for ON, only that there is smoke.
I’ve created and updated a ticket for you: LYVMZ7whN8r .
I also attached a log file to the ticket which shows inclusion when it’s found in openhab2.

What version of the binding are you using?

@chris the development binding (latest).

Ok, thanks. I’ll take a look at the log you sent…

Please try the latest version and let me know if it’s any better (or worse! :wink: ).

Heureka @chris !
Works as intended :slight_smile:
21:32:28.745 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler ALARM_REPORT SMOKE
21:32:28.749 24 STATE UPDATE zwave:device:15cd977bcb9:node24:alarm_smoke ON [OnOffType]
21:32:28.810 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler SENSOR_ALARM_REPORT SMOKE=255
21:32:28.825 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler SENSOR_ALARM_REPORT SMOKE=255
21:32:28.927 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler BASIC_SET
21:32:28.942 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler BASIC_SET
21:32:32.811 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler ALARM_REPORT SMOKE
21:32:32.814 24 STATE UPDATE zwave:device:15cd977bcb9:node24:alarm_smoke OFF [OnOffType]
21:32:32.876 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler SENSOR_ALARM_REPORT SMOKE=0
21:32:32.891 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler SENSOR_ALARM_REPORT SMOKE=0
21:32:32.992 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler BASIC_SET
21:32:33.007 24 RX REQ ApplicationCommandHandler BASIC_SET

Thank you, I’ve had these for over a year not working lol

Great - thanks. I’m glad it’s working :slight_smile: .

Hi, is this log from a real smoke alarm?

Mine works OK when i hit the self test button. The alarm_smoke channel updates fine, but when i trigger the smoke alarm for real, by blowing a match so that the smoke ends up at the sensor, the channel does NOT update.

Have no clue on how to fix this…

Maybe the smoke of the match is not enough. I use a special spray to simulate smoke alarm. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=smoke+test+spray

Well, its beeping like hell. I guess that if it beeps, then the notifications should be sent?

It works now! Using the development version of the binding did the trick.

The development version != snapshot version apparently.