[SOLVED] First Advanced Rule - EnOcean rocker switch / roller shutter / hue

This is correct!

No. There is no need to do this. These switches have SwitchA and SwitchB, as there are no more than to roller shutters per room. I will assign only one shutter to one switch.

This could be a possibility, but if i measure the time doesn’t that mean the roller shutter will only move after the button is released?

You can measure time, start or stop things, just as you please. You write the rules to suit. Try it and see, that costs nothing.

Hi,
I am new to OH3 and just playing with the same szenarios. I have OH3 on a Raspberry, Fibaro RS3s, Eltako and similar (PEHA) enocean switches, and outside blinds. So far, everything inluding lamella control works just fine (after figuring out how to get the enocean things to work).

Now I have some basic rules to control the blinds. Essentially these are based on reacting to the DIRx_PRESSED and DIRx_RELEASED events triggered by the enocean buttons.

But what I can’ figure out is how to get the state (not the position) of my blinds, so that I can create rules that e.g. send an UP command when a blind is not moving (which state is that?), but a STOP commmand in case the blind is currently moving for the same button pressed.

And one, probably really stupid, question: I can’t find out how I can write these nice advanced rules with varibales etc. in OH3? All I can do in OH3 is use the UX to “click together” a rule, and view (adapt?) it in the code tab.

You can’t from the basic RollerShutter Item, only position.
Your device may supply the moving/stopped info separately, that you could link to another partner Item. But most do not.

Usually the best you can do is guess, because of the device limitations. There’s more than one way to do that.

At simplest, set something to “running” at every up/down/position command and set it back to “stopped” after a fixed time that allows for the longest possible movement.
If a STOP command arrives, cancel timer and set “stopped” immediately.
That can be refined by using current position (if available) when a command arrives to calculate a variable maximum run time.

You’re probably looking for the UI rule action to be a script.