[SOLVED] Fritz!DECT200: How to detect online / offline status?

Dear all,

I am using OpenHAB 2.4 together with a Fritz!DECT200 to monitor the operation of my washing machine and get reported when it is finished (see also the excellent guide Washing Machine State Machine). Now it happens from time to time that the automatic fuse flies out so that the washing machine is now “dead”, which I sometimes only notice after quite a while.

What I lack now is the possibility of a notification like “Fuse out - please check washing machine”. In the forum and in the documentation I couldn’t find anything useful, so I ask for help now.

My items look like this:

Switch Keller_Waschmaschine_Outlet "Steckdose Waschmaschine" (UG_Keller,gSteckdosen) { channel="avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_XXX_XXX_XXX:XYZ:outlet" }
Number Keller_Waschmaschine_ActualTemperature "Temperatur Waschmaschine [%.1f °C]" (UG_Keller) { channel="avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_XXX_XXX_XXX:XYZ:temperature" }
Number Keller_Waschmaschine_EnergyConsumption "Energieverbrauch Waschmaschine [%.3f Wh]" (UG_Keller) { channel="avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_XXX_XXX_XXX:XYZ:energy" }
Number Keller_Waschmaschine_Power "Aktuelle Leistung Waschmaschine [%.2f W]" (UG_Keller,gLeistung) { channel="avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_XXX_XXX_XXX:XYZ:power" }

My observation is that all the 4 items do not change when a power failure occurs. Even the temperature stays the same so that openHAB cannot just check for 4 zero values.

Does anyone have an idea how I can use a rule to tell if the Fritz!DECT200 is reachable or not so that a message can be sent? Thank you very much!

I have clarified the thread title. I would like to have openHAB checking whether a FRITZ!DECT200 radio socket outlet is online or offline.

Hi @miba,

Did you check this section of the documentation?

https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/actions.html#thing-status-action

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

I guess I have found a solution which is not ideal but kind of feasible:

rule "FRITZ!DECT200 offline"
when
    Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_NNN_NNN_N:NNNNNNNNNNN' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE
then
    logInfo("FRITZ!DECT200Offline", "FRITZ!DECT200 is offline!")
end

rule "FRITZ!DECT200 online"
when
    Thing 'avmfritz:FRITZ_DECT_200:192_NNN_NNN_N:NNNNNNNNNNN' changed from OFFLINE to ONLINE
then
    logInfo("FRITZ!DECT200Online", "FRITZ!DECT200 is online!")
end

Unfortunately, this is not that reliable in terms of reaction time. Once an outlet is plugged out, it takes several minutes until the offline state is signalled. But replugging it in requires only some seconds until the online rule will be fired.

I am afraid a faster solution is not possible. The F!Box needs up to 15min to determine the connection state for a device. Let me quote AVM’s support page:

Smart home devices such as FRITZ!DECT radiator controls, FRITZ!DECT sockets, and FRITZ!DECT Repeaters function according to the standard DECT ULE (Ultra Low Energy). Devices that use this radio standard only communicate with the FRITZ!Box at greater intervals. When the FRITZ!Box is restarted, for example after a FRITZ!OS update, it may take up to 15 minutes for the connection to be automatically reestablished.

1 Like

Thank you for the information, Christoph. I guess I can live with that. At least I will get notified now once a power failure occurs. :grinning:

You are welcome.