[SOLVED] Frontail Log Viewer not looking at correct log files

Hi,

I did a basic system hygiene, updating all installed packages with openhabian-conf tool.
After doing so, I noticed that the Frontail service didn’t work anymore - I have put my logs on my NAS share.
I answerd ‘yes’ on the config update question during the update, so I checked out the relevant config files:

/etc/systemd/system/frontail.service:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/frontail --ui-highlight --ui-highlight-preset /usr/lib/node_modules/frontail/preset/openhab.json -t openhab -l 2000 -n 200 /mnt/DS716/openhab.log /mnt/DS716/events.log

var/lib/openhab2/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg:

log4j2.appender.out.fileName = /mnt/DS716/openhab.log
log4j2.appender.out.filePattern = ${openhab.logdir}/openhab.log.%i
log4j2.appender.event.fileName = /mnt/DS716/events.log
log4j2.appender.event.filePattern = ${openhab.logdir}/events.log.%i

/usr/lib/node_modules/frontail/preset/openhab.json:

"/mnt/DS716/openhab.log": "text-align: right; font-size: 0.8em; border-top: 2px solid #F8F8F8;",
    "/mnt/DS716/events.log": "text-align: right; font-size: 0.8em; border-top: 2px solid #F8F8F8;",

Still, the Frontail viewer via openahabian:9001 would keep on pointing to:

tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log

What am I doing wrong?
How can I point the Frontail Log viewer to look at /mnt/DS716/openhab.log and /events.log again?
I have already cleared the cache.

thanks upfront for your help,
Kurt

May be obvious but I have to ask, did you restart frontail after changing the configs back to point where they are supposed to? Note that frontail is a separate service that runs along side of OH. Restarting OH is not enough.

gnargh…thanks for your help - it of course was the issue.
:slight_smile:

Kurt