[SOLVED] Grafana password

Hi folks,

I’ve installed influxdb with grafana few days ago and it works like a charm. Now I need to change some grafana plots, but I’ve forgotten the password for “grafana” user.

Any suggestion how to recover?

thanks
Andrea

The grafana user from “the manual” (I assume you used the post in this forum) only has read-only right on the influx database. Assuming you want to change plots using the grafana interface, are you sure you are using the right login, Should be user = admin, pass=admin (else: password should be in /etc/grafana/grafana.ini )

3 Likes

good point … the problem is admin/admin is not working, and in /etc/grafana/grafana.ini I didn’t change anything … not sure what I did frankly speaking.

Modify admin_user and admin_password (is also secret_key necessary) will do the trick?

thanks
Andrea

Gotcha … brute force worked :slight_smile:

thanks for your support, much appreciated

Andrea

Hi Ariela I know it’s been awhile, but do you remember what did you do? what do you mean with brute force?

if you figure it out I would like to know as well. I cannot get into my instance for the life of me. Uninstalled and cleared everything and have tried seemingly everything.

I did, following this page

Basically:
sudo grafana-cli admin reset-admin-password