[SOLVED] HABmin does't work (somehow)

I run OH 1.7.1 on my Raspberry Pi 2 B and use the latest HABmin master.zip.
When I start the web interface I get a connection (spash screen shows 0.1.4) and I can see the state and config of my ZWave Nodes.

However, I do not get any rules to show up in “Automation”.
Furthermore I do not get any information about persistence even if I configured it and I do not get error messages in my openhab.log.

1. How to check, what’s wrong with HABmin (my OH installation)
  2. How to check whether my persistence is working (I did once find the db file somewhere, which had a significant size - I do not remember where ;-))

Thanks in advance.

[quote=“NCO, post:1, topic:6221, full:true”]
However, I do not get any rules to show up in “Automation”.[/quote]

Klick on “Rule models”, there they are. :wink:

[quote=“NCO, post:1, topic:6221, full:true”]
Furthermore I do not get any information about persistence even if I configured it [/quote]

This is a bit tricky sometimes:

Go to “Persistence” … “Item List”.
Under “Label” you will find your persistent data (if you have set up persistence correctly).
To look at the data:
Highlight one item, “Update” Button appears, klick on update.
On the right side of the window on the bottom you will find “Chart” and “Table”.
First klick on “Chart”, then on “Table”: now you can see your persistent data.

It’s a bit buggy, but it works and I’m sure this will all be fixed in OH2 :heart_eyes:

Thanks. Found it :slightly_smiling:

But for the second issue:
I see the items, but don’t see any data.
Neither in the chart, nor the table view.

So you mean my persistence is not setup properly?
But I don’t see error messages in the log.

Do you know where the persistence DB file is stored?

[quote=“NCO, post:3, topic:6221, full:true”]
Do you know where the persistence DB file is stored?[/quote]

/var/lib/openhab/persistence (apt-get install)
/opt/openhab/etc/persistence (if I remember correctly, for manual install)

Take a look at the timestamp of the persistence file, it should tell you if anything is stored, because normally (depending on the persistence service you are using) you cannot view the data directly via text editor or something similar …
And if you are using rrd4j don’t forget to use “everyMinute” as this is the only one which stores the value …

Hi @sihui,
thanks - I have found the files in the sub directory rrd4j and see many files named after my items.
Some obviously have been updated recently, some haven’t since October - even if they belong to the same group.

Does it “hurt” (beside the loss of the potential data) if I delete them and see if they are generated again?

[quote=“NCO, post:5, topic:6221, full:true”]
Does it “hurt” (beside the loss of the potential data) if I delete them and see if they are generated again?[/quote]

No, in my case the deleted rrd4j file was newly created after “everyMinute” :grinning:

Good luck.

Alright,

tried it, but still no data in HABmin.
The rrd files have been generated and have a constant size of either 116408 Byte (Switches) or 28280 (Numbers). Strings are obviously not stored persistently!?

So for me it looks like persistence is actually working!?

I only persist numbers and my files also have a size of 28280 Bytes.

[quote=“NCO, post:7, topic:6221, full:true”]
… but still no data in HABmin.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure it is only “fingertrouble”. Did you exactly follow my advice in the previous post?

Go to “Persistence” … “Item List”.
Under “Label” you will find your persistent data (if you have set up persistence correctly).
To look at the data:
Highlight one item, “Update” Button appears, klick on update.
On the right side of the window on the bottom you will find “Chart” and “Table”.
First klick on “Chart”, then on “Table”: now you can see your persistent data.

Then it looks like this:

[quote=“NCO, post:7, topic:6221, full:true”]
So for me it looks like persistence is actually working!?[/quote]

Yes, I’m pretty sure it is working if your rrd4j files have a current timestamp and you are using “everyMinute” for the update interval.

Hi @sihui,

sure - I tried that. But unfortunately it doesn’t show anything.

However after playing around (refresh browser with F5) check / uncheck item (selecting one item does not de-select the previous one) and click on update several times including switching from table to chart did help.

But it’s actually pretty tricky and not transparent from my point of view (a little bit "home made problems might be an additional factor as well :wink:

And it’s confusing that even in the column “Last Value” there is no information.

Anyway, somehow it’s working.
Thanks for your patience and help! :slight_smile: