[SOLVED] Help with sending Command

Would you please share how to lock the car and how to start the heater.
Requesting all the information now works fine.
Thanks in advance.

Anyone who got heading or speed <> null from voc?
I never received a value except null

Switch VolvoHeater	"Car Heater"							<heating>	(gVolvo, gPCR)	[ "Switchable" ]	{ exec=">[ON:voc heater start] >[OFF:voc heater stop]" }
Switch VolvoEngine	"Car Engine"							<heating>	(gVolvo, gPCR)	[ "Switchable" ]	{ exec=">[ON:voc engine start] >[OFF:voc engine stop]" }
Switch VolvoLock	"Car Lock"								<lock>		(gVolvo, gPCR)	[ "Switchable" ]	{ exec=">[ON:voc lock]" }

Perfect!
Thanks a lot!
I will try it right away :slight_smile:

Works like a charm.
Thanks again!

Please allow some more questions:
I can press and hold the lock button on my remote (key) to close the windows and roof.

Is there any option to do so through voc?
Furthermore is the function “horn & flash” as well as “flash headlights” somehow possible through voc?

You can not close windows and roof depending on that you can not do it from the app.
I you ask volvo to implement it in the app and then it will be possible.
You can do Honk and Blink with kind of “voc call honkAndBlink” but i do not know the syntax.

Ah, that’s what „call“ is for!? :slight_smile:
Thanks (again) :blush:

I actually got in touch with the Volvo support to find out if there are plans to implement “close Windows”.

But I found another issue.

My data from the car is updated rarely and it seems it’s somehow depending on its movement.

When the car is locked and does not move, I have problems getting the right state of doors Windows and such.

As soon as I start the original Volvo app, it seems to trigger an update and I can retrieve the correct status from my Volvo right away.

It there something done differently by the Volvo app?

Anyone who can help me with changing the polling time?
The help says:
-I <interval> Polling interval (seconds) [default: 300]

So I tried:
/usr/local/bin/voc -u 'xxx' -p 'xxx' -I 120
and
/usr/local/bin/voc -u 'xxx' -p 'xxx' call -I 120
But just got the response of the help.

Any suggestion?

Hi, the polling interval is only used for the MQTT gateway.

Regarding data not being updated from the car: I have seen this myself as well. I do not know what the app is doing to force the server to “refresh” the car status. If anyone know or finds out, please let me know and I will try to add it.

Hi Erik,

thanks for your response.
I am glad that it’s not just me experiencing this issue.

So I guess it should be possible to use wireshark for investigation!?

One more question if you don’t mind.
Retrieving the temperature at the vehicle is possible through the official VOC App, but I did not find this information using “print” oder “owntracks”.

Is Temperature not avaiilable?

I haven’t seen it available. My guess is that the app uses the location (gps coordinates) of the car and passes it to some external weather service to retrieve the current temperature at that location.

Good point - I can do that :slight_smile:Thanks

By the way:
I just recognized that while driving it’s not possible to retrieve GPS data (even on the official VOC App it’s not possible).

I still don’t know, why the official App obviously does something differently triggering / forcing a refresh

That’s how I did this now using weather underground.

If anyone needs details, just let me know

I actually found a possible workaround.
Just do a call request and VOC seems to refresh.

I just called „lock“ even though the car has been locked already.
After that the information was updatedi properly (I think :slight_smile:

I started to work on a dedicated binding for VOC. Available in PR #3740. If somebody wants to git it a look - you’re welcome.

1 Like

That sounds great.
I will test it as soon as I can spend some time.

Hi,

is there a jar file for me to test?
Thanks in advance.

You can find the PR Jar here