[SOLVED] Help with sending Command

The two problems you raise here are connected. Currently the binding completely fails if the server returns an error page (not able to serialize json answer as there is no json).
I must handle properly this case.
But, I don’t know why the server was not accessible from your end.

Ok, got it now. I updated the PR with enhanced error handling in regard of above network error.
I also spotted the reason of the unresolved requirements : you’ll need version 2.4 of OH2 to have it working

Hi,

because I don’t have time to troubleshoot 2.4 yet, I will stay with 2.3 and your previous version.
I hope to test a little better the door / window contacts this weekend.
Do you think OH 2.4 might contain your new binding officially?
Do you know the time frame for the 2.4 release?
Thanks in advance.

My new binding will be contained…once merged. And I don’t know when it will happen.
I think the code is pretty ready, but I must write documentation also and would love some testers.
No, I do not know 2.4 release time frame.

Short update:
I got the contacts to work.
So my troubleshooting procedure above did have an impact.

Next option is to consider to move to 2.4, but my time is limited, so I am not sure when this will be.
I will keep you posted though.
Thanks again for all your efforts you put into this binding.

Don’t bother upgrading. While fiddling on other subject, I discovered that the right way to go was to separate actions from the binding (like on OH1). So I’ll do this and then you’ll be able to install only the binding part.
Stay tuned

Perfect - thanks :slight_smile:

Do you have an update on this regarding your latest binding running on 2.3?

Yes,I updated the PR with actions separated from the binding, so you should be able to give it a try

alright - thanks!
Will do

I expected these to be Location and Numbers, not Switches.
I never got something back from these using the script.
Have you?

volvooncall:vehicle:xxx:position#calculatedLocation
Switch

volvooncall:vehicle:xxx:position#heading
Switch

I see a warning in the logs, which might not related to your binding but the Core:

2018-09-24 07:45:08.486 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler VehicleHandler of thing volvooncall:vehicle:xxx tried checking if channel doors#tailgate is linked although the handler was already disposed.

Have you seen this as well?

calculatedLocation is a switch in the binding that indicates wether location is current or calculated (while they are distinct in the API), I found it more practical to have only one location and an information that gives its nature.

I did not see heading value changing because I do not drive while developping :slight_smile: but in my understanding this means that the car is currently moving

That was my assumption, but even the official VOC app (iPhone) is not able to get either location or heading while the car is in use.
At least this is the case for the german iOS VOC app.

It has to be tested, maybe the API provides the information but the app hides it.

Alright - will do and let you know.

Heading was updated to OFF during initialization.
During the first Trip it wasn’t updated to ON.
The trip was just 7 km and approximately 20 min.
Maybe it was too short!?

Actually even on a 20km Trip Heading did not change.

Another thing is, that the items sometimes seem to be “stuck” (no update from VOC).
It helps to openh the official App to revive the communication (this was the case for the python script).

Whenever I had the feeling, that the items got stuck (message, that the doors are open even though I locked the car long ago), I just sent a “Lock” command, which woke up the communication.

Ths did not help with the binding yet (will keep tracking this)

Hi Gaël,

beautiful work.
It runs very well, but i’m missing the channel for the remote Heater. In the Property Section the binding says: remoteHeater true, but the Channel is missing.

Regards Thilo

Does someone have examples how to do configuration in things file?

/Mike

There is a button “Show more” on PaperUI.
Did you try that?
I remember that some channels were hidden there - not sure if it was the heater.