[SOLVED] Help with simple persistence file

Hi everyone
Its time too trim down my persistence logging
when i first set it up i just logged every change for all items just too get it up and running this is no longer needed.
I would like too only log certain items now how do i add these items too the config file i looked at the docs but coulden’t work out what needed too do all the items need to be logged every 1 min

Strategies {
    everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
}

Items {
	* : strategy = everyMinute
}

sample items HUE_Motion , HUE_Motion2

1 Like

You need to create a group, let’s call it gEveryMinuteItems

Group gEveryminuteItems

Then put all the items you want to save every minute in that group

Then your persistence file will be:

Strategies {
}

Items {
	gEveryMinuteItems* : strategy = everyMinute
}

Note the * at the end of the name on the group. That means “Every item the the group”

can’t you just add items individually? i only need too log a few items for graphs mapdb logs everything for restore on startup

You can, it’s easier with a group if you have lots of items

Strategies {
}

Items {
	item1, item2, item3, item4 : strategy = everyMinute
}
2 Likes

I’m still not super confident using groups the few times i have tried i have had mixed results (I do have a couple of groups that i use that work ok)

it is something i plan on doing at some point after moving all my items over to text files i started with paper ui so changing items is a bit of a pain

Thanks for your quick replys and help on this i will mark as solved once i change my file

Move your items to text files, you will find that it’s easier in the long run
Also you can configure you items just the way you want and it’s far more flexible than the UI.
Have a go, break things, enjoy!

1 Like

I have already moved a few over to text i needed too so i could use the google home binding

when i first setup i didnt use a single text file but soon found that ui rules were extremely limited i now plan on moving everything too text my rules already are text just items and things

i have no idea how too add a text thing atm i will learn soon enough

All the info you need is in the docs.
Read them carefully first.
Good luck