[SOLVED] Home Energy Meter HEM G3 AEON Labs GEN5 ZW095 do not report automatically

I agree, since others here in this thread managed to fix the problem by using a different software for configuring the device.

According to the manual, this device should have a report group value equal to the sum of all parameters that we need to be reported. Setting this to 0 means report nothing.

Please find attached zwave2.log (273.1 KB)

And thanks for your time :pray:

If the device is anything like itā€™s predecessors, which I am quite certain it is, at least one report group needs to be populated to receive reports.

Unfortunately this doesnā€™t have a the update of the groups. The binding wonā€™t update anything if it hasnā€™t changed, so youā€™d need to change it and then change it back.

According to the database, there is only the lifeline in the ZW095 and the manual confirms this. I guess weā€™re talking about a different entry - can we be clear what version etc weā€™re talking about.

The log provided also only seems to show a single group,

Automatic REPORTs come from the HEM will be sent via single-cast to associated devices in association group 1.
What kind of reports need to be sent that can be configured via Configuration Command Class (see
below section).

My suspicion here is that this is an MCA issue so I want to see what commands are being sent to configure the associations (hence the need for the log). Iā€™d also like to get the XML for this device so I can find out what command class versions are reported.

I am mistaken then. The predecessors (non-Plus) have 3 report groups. I never looked at the association section of the manual for the gen5 meter. The manual does refer to report groups 1-3, so I assumed there were association groups for them like the older devices have.

Hi,
as I said some posts before I also have that issues with the device.
I followed the recent suggestions.

Attached my log, where I set report group 1 to 0 and after some seconds back to my value I want reported which is 2097152

It still does not send any reports on the defined intervall of 5 secs.
If only send the wanted report on a refresh on on the polling period.
I already watched the log with chris log-viewer and can see something that looks strange to me.

The last command send shows a config request with a value of 8192 but I never set such a value, so why is that send. Could that be the issues or part of it ?

Can provide more logs, just tell me what you need.

/Peter
zwave.hem.log (702.1 KB)

I donā€™t see any association groups being configured in this log :confused:

Thanks. I would like to see what happens when you configure associations.

This appears to just be a display issue. You have set the value 0x020000 - the log viewer is just displaying this incorrectly. You can see this in the log.

Here the log.
Set Group1 association to ā€œnothingā€ and back to ā€œControllerā€ via Habmin.

Thanks for you time
zwave.hem2.log (506.9 KB)

Can you also provide me the XML file for your device please - this is in the userdata/zwave folder.

Yes of course, see attached file: network_d50ae3ed__node_2.xml (31.1 KB)

Did you contact Aeon support regarding the other device? If not, Iā€™ll send him an email.

Did not have the time until now.
Want to do that tommorow as I am offline in a few minutes.

Feel free to send the mail, so I think I dont need to send an addional one then.

/Peter

Ok, I know Chris so Iā€™ll pop him a mailā€¦

Thanks Chris,
If I can supply any additonal info for you or the support let me know.
Iā€™m curious what the issue is

I emailed Chris @ Aeon last night but havenā€™t yet heard back. Heā€™s normally very good at responding and when I hear anything Iā€™ll let you know.

1 Like

I updated all three config groups, and you can see that the parameters config_10x are getting updated.

Anyway, I see that someone did help with it, and we will wait for Aeotec response about this.

Appreciate your time.

No - thatā€™s not the case. Firstly, thereā€™s only one group, and the groups are not changing - in the log, the only group that I see being ā€œupdatedā€ is this line -:

10:34:59.809 [FINE] [org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler handleConfigurationUpdate] - NODE 40: Configuration update ignored group_1 to [controller] (ArrayList)

As you can see, this did not change what was already in the configuration, so it did not send anything to the device.

There are 3 params called report group and there is a single association group.
I updated the report groups, and I think you needed to see the log for the association group.

No - this is wrong for the device being discussed as per the title on this thread.

There is only 1 association group on the ZW095 in the database, and the documentation confirms this. My guess is you may have an older version so it might pay for you to specify what you actually have.

The only device named ZW095 in the database is this -:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/375

Please provide information on your device.

I donā€™t think this is wrong. The ZW095 has 3 configuration parameters for report groups (101-103).

Ok, Iā€™m not sure, but Iā€™m just going on whatā€™s written in the manual -:

The engineering manual clearly defines a single group :confused: