[SOLVED] Home Energy Meter HEM G3 AEON Labs GEN5 ZW095 do not report automatically

Hi Stefan, (@chris)
Do you remember what you did to have the reporting work (only 10min polling works)?
What exactly was configured wrong with openHAB that was fixed with the Zensys tool?
Appreciate your advise.

I received a response from My contact at Aron this morning. Unfortunately he didn’t know the answer to the question but will find out and get back to me in the next day or so.

1 Like

@Gargam3L0
You can set the polling interval to a smaller value than 10min on your own using HABmin, like I did as a workaround until things are working with reports.
Currently my HEM will be polled every 15 or 20 Seconds which is sufficient to me.

Is this a normal sequence of setting a report every x time (notice the association set command at the last step)?

Sorry, but I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make?

Does the Z binding send the association set command after sending the configuration set commands?

No - it doesn’t. This is not required.

I questioned it because It looks like that from the example in the user guide.

I guess they have to write things in some order - if it was the other way around you’d probably still question if the binding did it the other way :wink:

Configuration and Associations are completely separate - otherwise configuration would be a nightmare (or impossible) if it kept removing some configuration when you change other configuration.

I’d suggest to leave this a few days until I get the answer from Aeon, then I’ll be able to understand it better (hopefully).

Could this be the problem?

What exactly do you mean?

I was referring to the post from Aug 19’ if anything new has changed based on your vast experience with debugging issues.
Maybe we can resume the debug until we get a reply from Aeon.

As I already said, I’m waiting to hear back from Aeon and until I receive that response I won’t really do anything with this.

This device is really annoying. After inclusion it works fine, communicates and refreshes by polling or by manually sending a REFRESH commands but after every nightly heal it is marked as off line - not communicating with controller.
What is going on with this device?

Hi,
This is old and I hope you can remember what are the exact steps using the Zensys tool to set the correct associations?
Thanks.

Very strange.
After adding the node with Zensys and loading up PaperUI (thing added from Inbox)
I see the following in PaperUI (Controller appears 2 times in Lifeline):

info:

Sorry - I’m still waiting to hear back from Aeon on this.

Without knowing exactly what you’ve done, this is probably as you have now duplicated the associations. This is really a messy area of ZWave - it’s gone through a lot of change in the past couple of years and there are something like 8 or 9 command classes linked directly to associations. On top of that there are a lot of non-compliant implementations which is caused by the ever evolving standards.

Here is the sequence of events:

1. Removed and reset device from network.
  2. plugged the UZB to a PC running Zensys tool.
  3. Set controller to SUC in Zensys.
  4. Initiated a scan in Zensys for new devices.
  5. Pushed device button to be added to the network.
  6. The device appeared as a new node in Zensys (it’s name appeared as a generic Z+ switch, meter node). I did not initiate any other configurations or settings through Zensys as I did not know where (see post above).
  7. Removed UZB and plugged into the RPi, loaded openHAB. The new thing appeared in PaperUI Inbox, just clicked “add”, with a node name I chose instead of the default.

The new node appeared in the things list with the Lifeline set as noted above (Controller, Controller).
I did not do any other modifications and noticed that the reporting is working as it should, which did not work before.

Yes, it is as I stated earlier. You will have now duplicated the association.