[SOLVED] Homematic CCU3 binding does not work

Hello,

I bought a CCU3 with 6 radiator thermostat and I do not get ONLINE in the Openhab.

Openhab: 2.3.0
CCU3: 3.51.6

I read the Homematic binding docs and the forum, and I do not get working. I used the PaperUI to set it up.

I putted special attention into the “Configure Farewall” and “Security”, then in the Thing I set it up manually with the IP because in the inbox does not detect nothing.

I am missing something?
Thanks,

2020-02-22 08:34:19.080 [ERROR] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Homematic bridge was set to OFFLINE-COMMUNICATION_ERROR due to the following exception: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

java.io.IOException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:94) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:98) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:63) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.RpcClient.getDeviceDescription(RpcClient.java:122) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.RpcClient.getGatewayInfo(RpcClient.java:220) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.HomematicGatewayFactory.loadGatewayInfo(HomematicGatewayFactory.java:47) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.HomematicGatewayFactory.createGateway(HomematicGatewayFactory.java:31) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler.lambda$0(HomematicBridgeHandler.java:85) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.getResult(FutureResponseListener.java:118) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.get(FutureResponseListener.java:110) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.send(HttpRequest.java:676) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient.sendMessage(XmlRpcClient.java:80) ~[?:?]

... 14 more

Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:717) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectorManager.finishConnect(SelectorManager.java:355) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.processConnect(ManagedSelector.java:352) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector.access$900(ManagedSelector.java:56) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer.processSelected(ManagedSelector.java:289) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ManagedSelector$SelectorProducer.produce(ManagedSelector.java:181) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.executeProduceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:249) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceConsume(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:148) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:136) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:671) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:589) ~[?:?]

... 1 more

It’s going to be pretty hard to do anything with a device that’s not reachable on the network.

Of course, but actually the device is reachable, I can login into the CCU3 through the IP and manage the UI and the rest of Openhab works fine, so there is something in between which does not work.

On which operating system did you install openHAB? (BTW: your openHAB version is rather old, you should update to a new version because there may be some compatibility problems with the CCU).

Try to ping the CCU from the machine where openHAB ist running.

1 Like

On your PaperUI setup page, the Gateway address should be the IP address of the CCU.
The Callback network address is the IP address of your openHAB server.
You’ve given both these fields the same address which is not correct.

1 Like

Ok, I am updating to 2.5 … Later I will send you feedback.

Saracen, I take into account your comment.,

Thanks.

FYI you may need to restart OH a few times after the update before everything starts working correctly. Took me 3 restarts and 1 reboot on Rpi 3 b+.

Since version 2.4 the CCU should be automatically detected and everything configured automatically.

H102, thanks you told me that, I am experimenting a lot of issues. I will restart and clear cache several times…
pufff… loool

OK, great, thanks for the support. After updating to 2.5 now is detected perfectly.
Thank you for the support. Now, I can fight with the datapoints, channels and so on.

Regards.
Juan.