[SOLVED] Honeywell Zwave Thermostat in OpenHab2

Cool. Glad you found it.

Yes I did. I still have the same issue. Chris suggested I leave my topic on the other post as he noticed this post had some other issues with serial devices. Iā€™m heading back over there now and sending him some logs to see if he can help. Weird thing is it worked with the same setup under 2.3.0 snapshots and when I upgraded to 2.4.0 is when this started happening.

Now I have the same problem. I changed to the snapshot version to get my door lock included and I get the pegs-at-99 thing. Set for F not C,but it still does it.

Just to be clear. what is ā€œitā€?

Also, when you say you are using the snapshot version - are you using the manually installed development version? You should note that this version uses UoM, and does not have the ability to set the units in the channel configuration any more.

ā€œItā€ being the behavior where when making a temperature change, it registers, and then immediately switches to 99. My understanding is that this is a result of feeding the unit a degrees F number and it thinks that itā€™s C instead. I am using the development version because if I understand correctly, it is the only way to get secure inclusion to work. (Which I am only using on my lock, the thermostat is included in the standard method.) If I canā€™t set units in the channel configuration, Iā€™m guessing I need to use the transform function to change between degrees F and C? Thanks for stopping by the thread.

No - this should not be needed with UoM. If you send the commands with degF, then the binding ought to send them as degF to the device.

Have you configured your system to default to using deg F?

Right now Iā€™m not using the Number: Temperature thing in my items file, so Iā€™ll have to try that. I believe that the unit is expecting degrees C (even though it displays F), so when I feed it 70, it pegs out at 99 (max value). As far as system default just to be sure youā€™re talking about OH and not the physical thermostat right?

Thatā€™s not normally how ZWave devices work, but I donā€™t know this device. The protocol allows the command to define the unit, and the binding will also do the same. So, if you send a command 40degF, then the binding sends this to the device. If you send 20degC, then again, the binding will send this command (in degC) to the device.

If the device only accepts degC (which probably violates the protocol!) then you will need to ensure that you send degC to the binding.

Correct - I canā€™t find where this is set (@5iver I think I saw a post recently where you pointed this out?).

I need to get my UoM going, in the stable build it either did nothing or broke it. Iā€™ll report back here with results.

I donā€™t recall posting anything recently about UoMā€¦ but there is a Measurement System option in PaperUI> Configuration> System> Show More> Regional Settings

1 Like

Ok, must have been someone else :sunglasses:

Anyway - thanks - I think thatā€™s what I was after :slight_smile:

1 Like

I set the default unit and it seems my problem is solved.

1 Like