[SOLVED] I followed the doc "Creating a sitemap", but icon is grey, although switch is on

It worked! Now I have red wifi icon for off, green for on!!
Only small problem is that I had to choose values for last seen and latency.
Should I continue with simple mode off for everything for now on?

1 Like

Great to hear. :+1:

Please click the square box on post that provided the solution to mark the topic as solved.

Files or Simple mode just not both or you will end up having issues again. I do not use simple mode but that is a preference.

Hope it was a good learning event, glad itā€™s working for you, and donā€™t forget to mark topic sloved.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, it was a good lesson! Thank you again for all you help on my first steps with openHAB!

1 Like

You are welcome and thatā€™s what the community is here for. :smiley:
There is much about OH I do not know but I always recommend taking small steps as you go and keep notes for yourself.

Thanks

1 Like

Can I add some Things eg mobile phone in Simple mode to off (with files) and others like Openweathermap or DSC alarms with Simple mode to on?

You could try that - but youā€™ll almost certainly get more frustrated with dealing with duplicate Items and other side effects created.
Once you have progressed beyond ā€œsimpleā€, it is best not to look back.

1 Like

But (with simple mode off) with bindings like openweathermap that have maybe 100 items we link manually one by one?

When creating items via file stating the channel in the definition line will do the linking, but you do know that already.

1 Like