[SOLVED] InfluxDB openHAB stores no Data

you forgot the “db” part… (unless the daemon of copy pasta hit your post)
I believe that you need to name it influxdb.persist. Did you try that ?

2 Likes

You @Dim ! Deserved yourself a :cookie: !!!

IT WAS THIS ONE SIMPLE THING

its influxdb.persist NOT influx.persist

CLOSED (FINALLY)

Thanks to @rlkoshak @ThomDietrich @Udo_Hartmann @justinwilczek @Dim
I want to thank you all!

3 Likes

(check the date on my reply above :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

:dagger: @Dim !
I did not realize this…

2 Likes

no worries, now… hit that InfluxDB hard !

(with some background music)

3 Likes

:smiley: Don’t take it too hard on yourself. We’ve all chased such a stupid little error for days at least a few times in our lives :smile:

1 Like

But Explanation would be good why openHAB loaded the influx.persist file but not use it?
Why ?

I think that openHAB2 will load any *.persist file that you put in that directory (even elias.persist)

…but… the config name(?) that it will load will not match a service/bundle/addon/whatever and it will not be effective.

It seems to me that the persistence addons are looking into the config entries in Karaf for settings.
If you load elias.persist, you will (should) have an elias service config (and not an influxdb service config)

2 Likes

I agree with your assessment, but shouldn’t there be at least a WARN level log statement if it doesn’t find an elias service to correspond with the .persist file? It seems misleading to me for OH to load the file, say it loaded the file, and then just silently ignore it.

2 Likes

Error checking was always one of the weak spots of the core.

2 Likes

Have chased this exact same “bug” all weekend.

Glad you found the solution :smiley: