[SOLVED] InfluxDB persistence with openhab 2.3 and units of measurement

Before upgrading to v2.3 I had few temperature items defined as Number-s, and the persistence worked just fine, but as soon as I’ve upgraded to 2.3 and changed those items to Number:Temperature the persistence has gone away :frowning: Right after upgrade to 2.3 and before changing those items to Number:Temperature everything worked, but now — no data is saved to influxdb and no errors are in logs. Is there any way to get this working again?

items:

Group gInhouseWeather
Number:Temperature hot_water_temperature "Температура ГВ [%.1f°C]" <temperature> (gInhouseWeather) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {mqtt="<[wirenboard:/devices/astra_1_sensor_2/controls/Temperature2:state:default]"}
Number:Temperature guestroom_temperature "Температура [%.1f°C]" <temperature> (gInhouseWeather) [ "CurrentTemperature" ] {mqtt="<[wirenboard:/devices/astra_1_sensor_3/controls/Temperature:state:default]"}

persistence:

Strategies {
    everyHour       : "0 0 * * * ?"
    everyDay        : "0 0 0 * * ?"
}

Items {
    gInhouseWeather* : strategy = everyChange, everyHour
}
1 Like

Hm. Just noticed: looks like the data is saving, but only by everyHour, there is no reaction on everyChange.

Remove the everyChange
Save
Restart OH
Add the everyChange back in

1 Like

:rofl: worked like a charm. Thank you!

This is still an issue on a fresh InFlux v1.6 and OH2.4 snapshot. (installed yesterday).
Started working after doing the above.

Will this apply to all new groups added?

I don’t know, maybe…
The way to find out is to try…

That’s true, but I decided to go all-in, persisting everything. Never know what you might need :slight_smile:
Going from a few groups to everything worked straight away.