[SOLVED] Insteon - I am OpenHab Stupid

hmm, touch panel, raspberry pi …, could this be? I was looking for something like that. Would you have a link for us?
Thanks!

Bernd

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/

It is a very crisp and responsive touch screen. Not to big not to small. Works out of the box with a Pi. I am still going to run my OpenHabian system headless. However each bedroom and the common area will have the touch screen.

Not sure if this is the best way to go. But I also purchased a few of these to power it all in the wall. There is a light switch I can tap into. Run the AC to this converter. The display can run off the power from the raspberry Pi 3. It is recommended to have at least a 2A power supply 2.5 is preferred. My understanding is the regulator on the Pi will only draw the current it needs. So giving some room for power loss due to wiring attenuance and some room to grow this seems like the best option.

@joshua002 The [] is a universal “tag”, its used for homekit and amazon Echo interfaces. There is a Wiki on how to use it in OH2. It supports thermostats as well. You can use it in any item for any binding (not just insteon). I have it working in my Hue lights set up, but can’t get it to work in my Insteon items without the workaround I mentioned.

It only has meaning in the context of Homekit or hue emulation (used for Amazon Echo and google home interfaces).

As to geofencing (which is what I think you mean about opening the garage door when you come home), lots of people do this in many different ways. I do this to unlock the front door when anyone comes home.

I’m not using Homekit though, as that has a lot of restrictions when it comes to security devices (like door locks) - I use OwnTracks (an iPhone app) which sends mqtt packets when a you enter or leave a defined radius of a specified location (this can be home, work etc). I run my own mqtt broker, so that nothing is public, and it works remarkably well. There are many apps that do similar things, I like owntacks because it uses mqtt (which is really easy to use), and you get things like lat,long of the phone and battery level), which I plot on a google map in OH.

If you are using a Insteon garage door kit (I use the same thing), the relay contacts on the IO link would appear as a Switch and the Homekit tag would be [“Switchable”]. This should work as homekit would not know this was in fact a garage door.

The IO link contacts that tell you whether the door is open or not would be a Contact item, so an Insteon IO link garage door opener appears as two separate items in the insteon items file (actually three as I have the DateTime item for last update also defined).

This is what my garage door items look like:

/* Garage */
Switch  garageDoorOpener            "Garage Door opener"                    <garagedoor>    (Garage, Doors)                 {insteonplm="2F.74.A6:0x00001A#switch",autoupdate=false}
Contact garageDoorContact           "Garage Door status"                    <garagedoor>    (Garage, Doors, Sensors)        {insteonplm="2F.74.A6:0x00001A#contact"} /*"Garage Door status [MAP(en.map):%s]"*/
DateTime garageDoorLastUpdate		"Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]"	            <clock>         (Garage, Doors, Sensors)        {insteonplm="2F.74.A6:0x00001A#lastheardfrom"}

For Homelink it would look like this:

/* Garage */
Switch  garageDoorOpener            "Garage Door opener"                    <garagedoor>    (Garage, Doors)       ["switchable"]          {insteonplm="2F.74.A6:0x00001A#switch",autoupdate=false}
Contact garageDoorContact           "Garage Door status"                    <garagedoor>    (Garage, Doors, Sensors)        {insteonplm="2F.74.A6:0x00001A#contact"} /*"Garage Door status [MAP(en.map):%s]"*/
DateTime garageDoorLastUpdate		"Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]"	            <clock>         (Garage, Doors, Sensors)        {insteonplm="2F.74.A6:0x00001A#lastheardfrom"}

Good luck!

So much to read and so little hours in the day lol.

I do have the Insteon Garage door opener. I have kind of what you put. I don’t have that third entry you put in for the date time. One more thing to read up on. I think I need to figure out what this MAP thing is. Right now my status doesn’t update. But I will get there. And all the help and advice is much appreciated.

Seeing your comments /* */ was super helpful. I have been trying to figure out how to add comments to my files Thank you so much. :grinning:

I updated my instead.items file with your entries and commented out mine. I figure you know what you are doing more than I do at this point. Here is what I had. It is pretty close to what you have. I have that MAP entry in a different place. Does that matter?

Switch garageDoorOpener “garage door opener” {insteonplm=“3D.E2.67:0x00001A#switch”, autoupdate=“false”}
Contact garageDoorContact “garage door contact [MAP(contact.map):%s]” {insteonplm=“3D.E2.67:0x00001A#contact”}

Mr Nicholas_Waterson,

Ok I am far from the smartest man on this board :slight_smile: but for fun I backed up my files and loaded a new install of OpenHabian2.

On first access of the web interface when it asks me to choose the initial setup (Standard, expert, demo, etc) I picked the demo option (I get the gist but still don’t know exactly what each option does). I then tested Homekit and sure it worked for the fake items.

I then copied an item from my old file and checked my phone… nothing, but I wasn’t very patient… ok… well how about I re-order the options… So it now looks like this.

Dimmer officeLight “Office Light” (GF_Living, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“06.2D.36:F00.00.0C#dimmer,dimmermax=100”}

And for ****s and giggles I rebooted the Pi. After the reboot the Office light showed up on my apple home app with out me having to create a separate items file like you have.

Not sure why. Trying to understand what that group (GF_blah, lights) means but hey perhaps this might help you simplify your configuration.

Thanks for all the advice and I hope this helps someone you and anyone else. I hope this discussion stays alive. There is not a lot of Insteon info out there to go by.

Nicholas,

Do you have any three way switches? I have a couple and it would be nice to have them all show the same status. This is what I got from the Insteon PLM doc. But when I flip the switch the other devices don’t change their status. The related keyword is supposed to accomplish exactly what I am trying to do correct?

Dimmer Light_GF_Hallway “Hallway Lights” (GF_Hallway, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.AF.67:F00.00.01#dimmer,dimmermax=100,related=40.A3.66+40.9F.1E”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Hallway2 “Hallway Light 2” (GF_Hallway, Lights) {insteonplm=“40.A3.66:F00.00.01#dimmer,dimmermax=100,related=40.AF.67+40.9F.1E”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Hallway3 “Hallway Light 3” (GF_Hallway, Lights) {insteonplm=“40.9F.1E:F00.00.01#dimmer,dimmermax=100,related=40.AF.67+40.A3.66”}

This should work. Can you take out the dimmermax keyword, just to reduce the number of moving parts? Also, please check the events log, I’ve had cases where the binding worked, but the GUI didn’t update as expected.

removing now :slight_smile:

What does that related option do exactly? In the openhab iOS app I still show three dimmers and each is controlled individually. They don’t seem to be in sync.

In the Home app I linked all three together and it works as expected but still doesn’t work on the openhab app or the habpanel.

Any tips on the thermostat or garage door sensor are welcome. I can control the garage door but I don’t see any open close status and I can see the humidity of my instead thermostat but I don’t see the temp nor am I able to control the temp.

[20:18:27] pi@openHABianPi:~$ more /etc/openhab2/items/home.items
Group gFF “First Floor”
Group gGF “Ground Floor”
Group Outside “Outside”
Group Weather “Weather”

Group Status
Group Shutters

Group GF_Living “Family Room” (gGF)
Group GF_Kitchen “Kitchen” (gGF)
Group GF_Powder “Powder Room” (gGF)
Group GF_Hallway “Hallway” (gGF)
Group GF_Dining “Dining Room” (gGF)
Group GF_Nook “Breakfast Nook” (gGF)
Group GF_Office “Office” (gGF)
Group GF_Garage “Garage” (gGF)

Group FF_Kids_Bath “Kids Bathroom” (gFF)
Group FF_Laundry “Laundry Room” (gFF)
Group FF_Jacob “Jake Room” <boy_1> (gFF)
Group FF_Jaina “Jaina Room” <girl_1> (gFF)
Group FF_Stairs “Stairs” (gFF)
Group FF_Master “Master” (gFF)
Group FF_Master_Bath “Master Bath” (gFF)
Group FF_Master_Camode"Master Camode" (gFF)

/* active groups /
Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) Lights “All Lights [(%d)]” [“All Lights”]
Group:Switch:OR(ON, OFF) Heating “No. of Active Heatings [(%d)]”
/
Group:Number:AVG Temperature “Avg. Room Temperature [%.1f °C]” (Status) */
Group:Contact:OR(OPEN, CLOSED) Windows “Open windows [(%d)]”

/* Ground Floor Switches and Dimmers */
Dimmer Light_GF_Living_Light “Familyroom Light” <fan_ceiling> (GF_Living, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.BF.54:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Fan_GF_Living_Fan “Familyroom Fan” <fan_ceiling> (GF_Living, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.BD.93:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Hallway “Hallway Lights” (GF_Hallway, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.AF.67:F00.00.01#dimmer,related=40.A3.66+40.9F.1E”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Hallway2 “Hallway Light 2” (GF_Hallway, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.A3.66:F00.00.01#dimmer,related=40.AF.67+40.9F.1E”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Hallway3 “Hallway Light 3” (GF_Hallway, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.9F.1E:F00.00.01#dimmer,related=40.AF.67+40.A3.66”}
Switch Light_GF_Kitchen_Ceiling"Kitchen Ceiling" (GF_Kitchen, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.39.54:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_GF_Kitchen_Sink “Kitchen Sink” (GF_Kitchen, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.40.80:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Lights_GF_Kitchen_LEDs “LED Lights” (GF_Kitchen, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“44.08.D3:0x000039#topoutlet”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Powder “Powder Room Light” (GF_Powder, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.40.68:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Fan_GF_Powder “Powder Room Fan” (GF_Powder, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.3F.F5:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Office “Office Light” (GF_Office, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“06.2D.36:F00.00.0C#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Dining “Dining Light” (GF_Dining, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.A3.6E:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Dining2 “Dining Light 2” (GF_Dining, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.B1.B2:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Nook “Breakfast Nook Light” (GF_Nook, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.B8.75:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_GF_Nook2 “Breakfast Nook Light2” (GF_Nook, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.AC.FF:F00.00.01#dimmer”}

/* Upstairs Controls */
Switch Light_Laundry “Laundry” (FF_Laundry, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“00.CB.CE:F00.00.04#switch”}
Dimmer Light_Staircase “Staircase” (FF_Stairs, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.B1.99:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_Staircase2 “Staircase2” (FF_Stairs, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.A2.0E:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_Staircase3 “Staircase3” (FF_Stairs, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.A4.58:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Switch Light_Staircase4 “Staircase4” (FF_Stairs, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“03.19.0B:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_FF_Bath_Ceiling “Kids Ceiling” (FF_Kids_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.42.D6:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_FF_Bath_Ceiling2 “Kids Ceiling2” (FF_Kids_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.39.F1:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_FF_Bath_Mirror “Kids Mirror” (FF_Kids_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.42.5E:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Fan_FF_Bath “Kids Fan” (FF_Kids_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.43.40:F00.00.02#switch”}
Dimmer Light_FF_Jake “Jake Light” <fan_ceiling> (FF_Jacob, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.C1.CB:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Fan_FF_Jake “Jake Fan” <fan_ceiling> (FF_Jacob, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.BC.58:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_FF_Jaina “Jaina Light” <fan_ceiling> (FF_Jaina, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.BE.86:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Fan_FF_Jaina “Jaina Fan” <fan_ceiling> (FF_Jaina, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.C1.8B:F00.00.01#dimmer”}

/* Master controllable items /
Dimmer Light_FF_Master “Master Light” <fan_ceiling> (FF_Master, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.BC.AD:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Fan_FF_Master “Master Fan” <fan_ceiling> (FF_Master, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.C3.40:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_FF_Master_Wall “Master Wall” (FF_Master, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.C2.1C:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_FF_MasterbathOverhead “Master Bath Overhead Light” (FF_Master_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“40.BF.7E:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_FF_MasterbathShower “Master Bath Shower Light” (FF_Master_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“03.1B.00:F00.00.01#dimmer”}
Dimmer Light_FF_MasterbathMirror “Master Bath Oversink Light” (FF_Master_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“06.2C.13:F00.00.0C#dimmer”}
Switch Fan_FF_Masterbath “Master Bath Fan” (FF_Master_Bath, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.41.66:F00.00.02#switch”}
Dimmer Light_FF_MasterCamode “Master Camode Light” (FF_Master_Camode, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“06.2D.1F:F00.00.0C#dimmer”}
Dimmer Fan_FF_MasterCamode “Master Camode Fan” (FF_Master_Camode, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.3C.58:F00.00.0C#dimmer”}
/
Outside lights */
Switch Light_Outside_Garage “Outside Garage” (Outside, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.43.0F:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_Outside_Garage2 “Outside Garage2” (Outside, Light) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.39.A4:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_Outside_Porch “Porch” (Outside, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.41.03:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch Light_Backyard “Backyard Light” (Outside, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.43.7B:F00.00.02#switch”}

/* Garage /
Switch Light_Inside_Garage “Garage Light” (GF_Garage, Lights) [“Lighting”] {insteonplm=“3E.3F.C0:F00.00.02#switch”}
Switch garageDoorOpener “Garage Door opener” (GF_Garage, Doors) [“Switchable”] {insteonplm=“3D.E2.67:0x00001A#switch”,autoupdate=false}
Contact garageDoorContact “Garage Door status [MAP(contact.map):%s]” (GF_Garage, Doors, Sensors) {insteonplm=“3D.E2.67:0x00001A#contact”} /
“Garage Door status [MAP(en.map
):%s]”*/
DateTime garageDoorLastUpdate “Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]” (GF_Garage, Doors, Sensors) {insteonplm=“3D.E2.67:0x00001A#lastheardfrom”}

/Switch broadcastOnOff “group on/off” (GF_Garage,Light) [“test”]{ insteonplm=“41.ED.F8:0x000045#broadcastonoff,group=2”}/

/* Heating */
Group Thermostat “Thermostat” (GF_Dining) [“Thermostat”]
Number thermostatCoolPoint “cool point [%.1f °F]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#coolsetpoint” }
Number thermostatHeatPoint “heat point [%.1f °F]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#heatsetpoint” }
Number thermostatSystemMode “system mode [%d]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#systemmode” }
Number thermostatFanMode “fan mode [%d]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#fanmode” }
Number thermostatIsHeating “is heating [%d]” (Thermostat) [“homekit:HeatingCoolingMode”] { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#isheating”}
Number thermostatIsCooling “is cooling [%d]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#iscooling”}
Number thermostatTempFahrenheit"temperature [%.1f °F]" (Thermostat) [“CurrentTemperature”] { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#tempfahrenheit” }
Number thermostatTempCelsius “temperature [%.1f °C]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#tempcelsius” }
Number thermostatHumidity “humidity [%.0f %%]” (Thermostat) [“CurrentHumidity”] { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#humidity” }
Number thermostatACDelay “A/C delay [%d min]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#acdelay” }
Number thermostatBacklight “backlight [%d sec]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#backlightduration” }
Number thermostatStage1 “A/C stage 1 time [%d min]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#stage1duration” }
Number thermostatHumidityHigh “humidity high [%d %%]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#humidityhigh” }
Number thermostatHumidityLow “humidity low [%d %%]” (Thermostat) { insteonplm=“39.3E.63:F00.00.18#humiditylow” }

/* Rollershutters */

Group Weather_Chart
Number Weather_Temperature “Outside Temperature [%.1f °C]” (Weather, Weather_Chart) { channel=“yahooweather:weather:berlin:temperature” }
Number Weather_Temp_Max “Todays Maximum [%.1f °C]” (Weather, Weather_Chart)
Number Weather_Temp_Min “Todays Minimum [%.1f °C]” (Weather, Weather_Chart)
Number Weather_Chart_Period "Chart Period"
DateTime Weather_LastUpdate “Last Update [%1$ta %1$tR]”
Number Sun_Elevation “Sun Elevation” { channel = “astro:sun:home:position#elevation” }
Number Sun_Azimuth “Sun Azimuth” { channel = “astro:sun:home:position#azimuth” }
DateTime Sunrise_Time “Sunrise [%1$tH:%1$tM]” { channel = “astro:sun:home:rise#start” }
DateTime Sunset_Time “Sunset [%1$tH:%1$tM]” { channel = “astro:sun:home:set#start” }
Number Moon_Elevation “Moon Elevation” { channel = “astro:moon:home:position#elevation” }
Number Moon_Azimuth “Moon Azimuth” { channel = “astro:moon:home:position#azimuth” }
String Moon_Phase “Moon Phase” { channel = “astro:moon:home:phase#name” }

/* Demo items */
DateTime CurrentDate “Date [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]” { channel=“ntp:ntp:demo:dateTime” }
Switch DemoSwitch "Switch"
Dimmer DimmedLight “Dimmer [%d %%]”
Color RGBLight “RGB Light”
Rollershutter DemoShutter"Roller Shutter"
Dimmer DemoBlinds “Blinds [%d %%]”
Number Scene_General “Scene”
Number Radio_Station “Radio”
Dimmer Volume "Volume [%.1f %%]"
Location DemoLocation "Brandenburg Gate Berlin"
Number Wifi_Level “Wifi Level [%d/4]” (GF_Office)
String ImageURL “Image URL [%s]”

// vi
m: syntax=Xtend

[20:52:57] pi@openHABianPi:~$ tail -100 /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log
2017-03-02 20:50:54.807 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.39.54 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:50:57.019 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.43.0F to OFF
2017-03-02 20:51:01.494 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.40.80 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:51:01.789 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:01.896 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:02.018 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:06.314 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:06.328 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:06.403 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:08.167 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 44.08.D3 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:51:09.496 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:09.546 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:10.553 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:10.579 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:10.650 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:12.085 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:12.095 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:12.134 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:14.853 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.40.68 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:14.911 [INFO ] [g.insteonplm.InsteonPLMActiveBinding] - Item: garageDoorOpener got command ON
2017-03-02 20:51:14.914 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.CommandHandler] - IOLincOnOffCommandHandler: sent msg to switch 3D.E2.67 on
2017-03-02 20:51:15.411 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3D.E2.67 to ON
2017-03-02 20:51:15.445 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:15.453 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:15.520 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:15.528 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:15.580 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:17.396 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3D.E2.67 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:51:17.683 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:17.688 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:17.731 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:17.736 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:17.779 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:20.256 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:20.283 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:21.525 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.3F.F5 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:29.367 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 06.2D.36 to level 100
2017-03-02 20:51:29.485 [INFO ] [g.insteonplm.InsteonPLMActiveBinding] - Item: garageDoorOpener got command ON
2017-03-02 20:51:29.489 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.CommandHandler] - IOLincOnOffCommandHandler: sent msg to switch 3D.E2.67 on
2017-03-02 20:51:29.853 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3D.E2.67 to ON
2017-03-02 20:51:30.085 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:30.094 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:30.134 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:30.144 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:30.196 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:31.852 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3D.E2.67 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:51:32.005 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:32.014 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:32.056 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:32.068 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:51:32.104 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:32.335 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:34.889 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A3.6E to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:36.721 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:36.730 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:39.860 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:51:41.561 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B1.B2 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:48.238 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B8.75 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:53.561 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.AC.FF to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:54.933 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.AC.FF to level 0
2017-03-02 20:51:58.879 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B8.75 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:01.666 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 00.CB.CE to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:02.423 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:52:02.430 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:52:02.466 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:52:02.472 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:52:02.508 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:52:08.346 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B1.99 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:13.678 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A2.0E to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:14.174 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A4.58 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:14.732 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 03.19.0B to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:15.192 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A2.0E to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:16.217 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A4.58 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:16.775 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 03.19.0B to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:19.042 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B1.99 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:19.550 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 03.19.0B to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:20.015 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A2.0E to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:20.567 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B1.99 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:21.025 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A4.58 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:21.650 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A4.58 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:22.158 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.A2.0E to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:22.717 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.B1.99 to level 0
2017-03-02 20:52:28.925 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 03.19.0B to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:32.823 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:52:32.833 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:52:32.968 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:52:32.983 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:52:33.022 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:52:35.059 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.42.D6 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:40.383 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.39.F1 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:41.730 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.39.F1 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:45.696 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.42.D6 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:48.465 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.42.5E to OFF
2017-03-02 20:52:55.080 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - SwitchRequestReplyHandler: set device 3E.43.40 to OFF
2017-03-02 20:53:01.762 [INFO ] [onplm.internal.device.MessageHandler] - DimmerRequestReplyHandler: set device 40.C1.CB to level 0
2017-03-02 20:53:03.340 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:53:03.345 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:53:04.182 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
2017-03-02 20:53:04.187 [WARN ] [rm.AbstractFileTransformationService] - Could not transform ‘NULL’ with the file ‘contact.map’ : Target value not found in map for 'NULL’
2017-03-02 20:53:04.227 [WARN ] [sitemap.internal.SitemapProviderImpl] - Filename home.sitemap does not match the name demo of the sitemap - please fix this as you might see unexpected behavior otherwise.
[20:53:04] pi@openHABianPi:~$

The “related” keyword simply does this: let’s say switch A is changed manually. When the binding sees the update coming in, it will poll all devices that have switch A’s address listed as related. So in a 3-way configuration, when one switch is toggled, the other switch is polled to see if it has changed its state, too.

Is there such a thing as an actual guide to setting up Insteon in OpenHab 2? I am very new to OH, but have been using Insteon for many years. I am not quite grasping the concept of this since there is no true binding any longer via the PaperUI. I am reading that it was there for the 1.x version, but no longer works that way. I see that I need to link my PLM to every device I have before I bind it to OH. What a pain that is too LOL! Seems like it shouldn’t be this hard to do or am I completely missing something?

1 Like

Am I simply to access the share and edit the insteonplm.cfg file and add “port_0=/dev/ttyUSB0” to point to my PLM plugged in via USB to my pi? Once that’s done I just start adding lines in there for each device? Are there good example files anywhere for me to reference?

I had some insteon issues also. Yes i believe your plm would need to be ties to all devices you wan t to control. Is it not linked already? Or have you just recently added the plm?

The program insteon terminal can do this. Once done then yes al you need is th e plm config file and start adding items to items files.

If you click on my name i have a few posts i wrote ab out insteon and setup. Message me if you cant find them.

Thanks for the response and I really appreciate any help I can get. I am in IT, but I’m strictly a Windows guy so all this is new to me…

The PLM was recently added due to needing it for this sort of sorcery…
I blew a couple hundred bucks on another home automation product and then found OH. Boy was I pissed!

I have not linked the PLM to anything yet, but I can easily do that. It will just take some time via the app or thru the other HA software.

Once that’s done, I am looking at the instructions and feel like my head will explode when I read it!

Step 1: Copy the binding (e.g. openhab.binding.insteonplm-<version>.jar into the openhab/addons folder. Where do I find this binding file to copy to the addons folder? Is this something I create?

Step 2:
Edit the relevant section in the openhab configuration file ( openhab/configurations/openhab.cfg ). Where is this file to edit? I have dug and cannot seem to find it on my shares. Found some reference to the fact that this file no longer exists in OH2.

I added “port_0=/dev/ttyUSB0” to my insteonplm.cfg file in the services folder per the instructions

Step 3:
Add configuration information to the .items file (see below)
Do I create an item file for each insteon device or one file with all devices in it? Once I create an item file will it just show up in the UI then or do I need to do something else to get that to work?

Sorry for the blast of NOOB questions, but I’m lost!

1 Like

@lil_hwe can you start a new thread for you topic ? It will get more response. I can respond with some info there.

Quick response, you dont need jar files. seems like You got in the weeds somehow. Install the binding in paper ui. Open that new thread here and we can address the rest.

I will start a new thread. Thanks!!