[SOLVED] Issue with a new setpoint item

I have a setup setup for several items now and they all work great. They all work with mqtt so not sure if this makes a difference or not. But now I am trying to do a setpoint with a wemo item and I am getting an error when I load the item file.

here is what i have. this is the wemo switch and then the number item i added.

Switch Table_Heater "Table Heater" <heating>  { channel="wemo:socket:Socket-1_0-221806K01011EF:state" } 
Number Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F "Set Point [%.1f]" { channel="wemo:socket:Socket-1_0-221806K01011EF/set_point:command:*:default]" }

I get this error:

[ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'channel' of item 'Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F' could not be parsed correctly.

org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.BindingConfigParseException: ID segment 'Socket-1_0-221806K01011EF/set_point' contains invalid characters. Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-]*.

as far as i can see it matches…
thanks!

ID segment 'Socket-1_0-221806K01011EF/set_point' contains invalid characters. 
Each segment of the ID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-]*.

This clearly says that the / character is not allowed.

That binding configuration looks a mix of wemo and mqtt

I tried changing it to several things. I found other channel examples. but none of them seem to work:

item:

Number Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F "Set Point [%.1f]" { channel="wemo:socket:Socket-1_0-221806K01011EF:state#SETPOINT]" } 

error:

org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.BindingConfigParseException: UID segment 'state#SETPOINT]' contains invalid characters. The last segment of the channel UID must match the pattern [A-Za-z0-9_-#]*

i googled this [A-Za-z0-9_-#]* and just really can’t figure out what that means… sorry!

It means the characters in your channel definition need to one of A to Z, or a to z, or or 0 to 9, or underscore, or hyphen, or hash.

I can see a square bracket at the end of yours, which isn’t in the allowed list.

Copy the channel definition from the PaperUI

Don’t know why this was so hard but I got it to work:

Items:

//Table Heater
Switch Table_Heater "Table Heater" <heating>  { channel="wemo:socket:Socket-1_0-221806K01011EF:state" } 
Number Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F  "Set Point [%.1f]" 

Sitemap:

Setpoint item=Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F label="Grow Table Temp [%.0f °F]" icon="heating" step=1

Rules:

//Table Heater
	if (Greenhouse_GreenhouseOne_AirTemperatureFahrenheit.state <= Table_Heater_Thermostat_SP_F.state) {
        Table_Heater.sendCommand(ON)
    } else { 
        Table_Heater.sendCommand(OFF)
    }  

Thanks for the help!

ps, make sure to persist!

1 Like