[SOLVED] [JDBC|MariaDB on Synology NAS] Can't get persistence started

Hello all,

I am new to OH2 and I want to get persistency started, using maria db, which runs on a NAS from synology. I have created a maria db 10 server and also created a new database. From PhpMyAdmin, I can investigate all settings of my database.

I want to be sure, that I have nothing overseen:

• I have installed the following addons: JDBC Maria Db, JDBC MySql, MySql
  • I have configured the jdbc service in services/jdbc.cfg like this:

url=jdbc:mariadb://192.168.2.xxx:3307/openhab
user=xxx
password=yyy

• I am using some items, created with paper ui
  • I have defined some basic persistency strategies:

Strategies {
everyHour : “0 0 * * * ?”
everyDay : “0 0 0 * * ?”
default = everyChange
}
Items {
network_pingdevice_192_168_2_106_lastseen : strategy = everyHour, everyChange
network_pingdevice_192_168_2_106_online : strategy = everyHour, everyChange
}

After starting OH2 with these settings, I can only see two empty tables in my db: “Items” and “items”. The openhab.log throws only the following error(s): Unable to find table for query <item_name>.

Of course I can run the db on another system, but the synology nas brings some features I’d like to use. It is very likely, that I have overseen some details, but after some hours of trying I obviously need some hints. My current assumption is, that the interoperability of the db on the synology nas and oh2 is not properly working. OH2 creates the mapping tables (id <=> item name), but not other tables. The could cause the above mentioned errors.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I don’t remember why, but I’m using the MariaDB server 5 package on my Synology and it works perfect.

Issue is solved. My problem was not haven’t considered that each persistency “chain” needs to use identically named files (e.g. in /services/jdbc.cfg => /persistence/jdbc.persist).

1 Like

Thanks for posting the solution. I was running nuts with the same problem.
The point addressing this naming issue in the documentation could be a bit more determined because everywhere else the files could be named without restrictions…