[SOLVED] KNX item changes are not reflected to the bus

Hi,

I’m fighting with some KNX Items that receive the bus updates only occasionally.

Some logs:

2018-12-24 09:03:28.270 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'LivingRoom_Heater_Operating_Mode' received command 1
2018-12-24 09:03:28.287 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - LivingRoom_Heater_Operating_Mode predicted to become 1
2018-12-24 09:03:28.296 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LivingRoom_Heater_Operating_Mode changed from 2 to 1

My thing:

Type number  : operating_mode_livingroom       "Betriebsart Wohnzimmer"         [ ga="20.102:<4/1/13" ]

My Item:

Number                 LivingRoom_Heater_Operating_Mode     "Betriebsart Heizung"                   <radiator>  (GF_LivingRoom)  {channel="knx:device:bridge:gf_heating_actuator_1:operating_mode_livingroom"}

So I’ve updated the Item using karaf konsol and sending different states time and time again. Then I’ve checked the bus, but no message arrived. Also I’m crosschecking: Changing the item state directly on the knx bus and then checking the state in openhab. But also this direction is not working.

For other item-types (like binary switches) it works like a charm.

Any ideas, what went wrong here?

Merry Christmas
Pascal

Tunneling or Routing?

remember that if you simply update the State, you won’t trigger the binding to send a telegram.
You need to send a Command to generate a KNX telegram (it seems that you are sending commands from your log)

If I remember correctly, the DPT 20.* were implemented as string not number in KNX1.

If this is still valid, you may try reconfigure you channel and item as a string and send your mode enumerations as string.

seems that you are correct: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/2203#issuecomment-327171203

Applies to both KNXv1 & v2

1 Like

It help’s changing to 5.010. I’ll open an issue, that the binding should write a warning or error instead of doing nothing.

Thanks for your support