[SOLVED] KNX2 connector Restart

Hello,
I have some atypical FT1.2 KNX connector. It work stable only with knxd10. I configured it with openhab2.3 (new KNX binding) and it work fine but sometimes it hang :frowning: In log I see:

Giving up reading datapoint 2/0/1, the number of maximum retries (3) is reached.

It is not offen but only full openhab2 restart helps me. Is there any other method to restart only KNX adapter/connector - for example from karaf console ? I will monitoring logs and catch this error log and make restart.

(from console) bundle:restart org.openhab.binding.knx should do the trick (haven’t tested this)

I would try to troubleshoot the communications issue rather than implement such a workaround

Thanks. I would try to troubleshoot communication. If I cant do I will buy KNX adapter with good support. Is there any method (I`m sure it is but I cant find) to enable debug or trace log on KNX communication ?

I also would like to try directly serialPort communication - maybe it will be better then knxd010. On KNX legacy binding I have error log about not found port. I have idea to write simple communication in rxtx framework (just cut some java lines from openhab adapter code) and check why java doesn`t see my port but now I migrate to KNX2 so I need to analize it again.

From the openhab console:

For KNXv2:

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.knx 
log:set TRACE calimero

For KNXv1:

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.knx 
log:set TRACE tuwien.auto.calimero

Thanks - last question.
I make some changes in calimero-core project (add debug etc). How to deploy my jar version to openhab2 installed from apt repository ?

so: you created your own “custom” jar for KNXv2?
Install it in the addons subdirectory (/usr/share/openhab2/addons/ for apt-get installations)

I create custom jar for calimero-core. I think that knx-addon contains lots of jar - I would like to replace only calimero-core.
My /usr/share/openhab2/addons/ is empty. I install KNX binding via paper ui and I dont know where is jar :frowning:

If you installed it via PaperUI, then it sits within
/var/lib/openhab2/tmp/mvn/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.knx

but I wouldn’t play with this one.

I would remove it from PaperUI, download manually the binding, change the jar and deploy as a manual addon.

1 Like

I try with jar in this localization but it doesn`t work - e.g. my changes not work. Ok I will try with manual install.

grrr. If I remove knx binding from paperui, restart openhab2 and use this jar but put into share/openhab2/addons I have error:

‘knx:serial:bridge’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): The serial FT1.2 KNX connection requires the RXTX libraries to be available, but they could not be found!

On paperui version it works ok.

Ok I solve it (jar replacement) I still have some knx issue but it need more work on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Sokolowski

I have a weinzierl Kberry baos knx ft 1.2 serial module and i want to use it in openhabian 2.3.
You have written that you could configured it with openhab 2.3,
I couldn’t do it, how did you it.
When i install it in paper ui, it gives following error “changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): resetting BCU failed (no acknowledge reply received)”
How can i resolve it, could you help me ?
I am new in openhabian.

Thank you for your future replies.

Regards,

Its important to achieve /dev/ttyUSB* device from your FT1.2 module. I have different adapter but I achieve it with udev rule - something like:

ACTION==“add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“1313”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“6313”, RUN+="/sbin/modprobe ftdi_sio" RUN+="/bin/sh -c ‘echo 1313 6313 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/ftdi_sio/new_id’", OWNER = “knxd” GROUP=“knxd”

Your idProduct and idVendor will be diffrent - you can check it with lsusb command.

Dear Sokolowski

I think you have used the knxd for knx connection
I don’t want to use it, i want to use openhab binding calimero.
I could make it run with openhab 2.3 binding, the openhab sees it and it is green.
But it can’t send the commands to knx bus, because kBerry is using cEMI and Openhab is using EMI commands over serial and doesn’t switch cEMI commands.
We have detected this problem with Mr.Karl from Weinzierl company.
Mr.Karl have opened the issue on Github.
Let see what happened.