[solved] LG TV binding. Device connected/ error cannot find device

It seams nobody has problems with this binding :slight_smile: canā€™t find an answer to my problem.
I got my OpenHAB installation to connect to LG TV. I get the message that status changed to connected when I start the OpenHAB. But when I try to use in wiki given example commands to control the TV I get this response for every action:

2015-11-21 21:11:05.058 [ERROR] [.o.b.lgtv.internal.LgtvBinding] - cannot find device lgsvetaine
2015-11-21 21:11:05.059 [WARN ] [.o.b.lgtv.internal.LgtvBinding] - Cannot find connection details for device id ā€˜lgsvetaineā€™

What am I missing?

Have you configured the following lines in your openhab.cfg file, its where you also assign your TV id`s :-

################################## LgTV  Binding ######################################
#
# The ip address of the lgtv
#lgtv:<lgtvId1>.host=

# The TCP port address to use
#lgtv:<lgtvId1>.port=

# The the pairkey / if it's wrong the device shows the right pairkey
# at every connection attempt
#lgtv:<lgtvId1>.pairkey=

# The TCP port address of the openhab system to receive lgtv status messages
# (only first occurance is used for all tvs)
#lgtv:<lgtvId1>.serverport=

# The location to put xml files with the information of availiable
# channels and apps (optional)
#lgtv:<lgtvId1>.xmldatafiles=./

# The check alive interval (optional, defaults to 60secs)
#lgtv:<lgtvId1>.checkalive=

Hi @SupraWez, thanks for reply
Yes, all the lines in Openhab.cfg are filed and ā€˜#ā€™ removed, here is an example:

'# The TCP port address to use
lgtv:.port=8080

The Pairkey is added to, when I start OpenHAB I get message that status changed from not connected to connected.

and here is example of Items file:

String LgTvAppTerminate ā€œterminateappā€ (LGTV) {lgtv=":lgsvetaine:APP_TERMINATE"}
Switch LgTvConnStatus ā€œconnstatus " (LGTV) {lgtv=ā€
:lgsvetaine:CONNECTION_STATUS"}

Do you have the TV ID lgsvetaine in your openhab.cfg?

I am not using this binding myself but reading the docs I would try configuration like this :-

openhab.cg

lgtv:lgtv1.host=192.168.77.15
lgtv:lgtv1.port=8080
lgtv:lgtv1.pairkey=
lgtv:lgtv1.serverport=8080
lgtv:lgtv1.checkalive=60

Items

Switch LgTvPower                        "Power Command"                 (GF_Living)     {lgtv="ON:lgtv1:POWER"}
Switch LgTvConnStatus                   "connstatus "                   (GF_Living)     {lgtv="*:lgtv1:CONNECTION_STATUS"}

@SupraWez thank you for reply and sorry for the typo not sure how did I managed to post not complete Openhab.cfg cut out. Iā€™m sure you would have spotted the mistake I had :slight_smile: but thank you for your example when I saw it I realized where my mistake wasā€¦

# (only first occurance is used for all tvs)
lgtv:<lgsvetaine>.serverport=8080 

Had to delete <> brackets and all workedā€¦

Thank you for your time!