[SOLVED] MAX Thermostat Item Configuration for Alexa Skill v3

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspi 3B
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0

Hi everyone,

I have been running a MAX Thermostat system on my openHAB successfully for quite a while. Since I moved to a new appartment, I needed to reconfigure my system and also extended the number of thermostat and shutter contacts. I also took the two Amazon Echos with me and in general they are able to send commands to openHAB because switches are working. However, I’m not able to properly setup my thermostat with the new v3 syntax. All the thermostats are showing not responding in the Alexa app on my phone.

This is my item configuration:

Group g_L_T "Wohnzimmer Thermostat" {alexa="Thermostat"}
Group g_L_temp "Wohnzimmer Temperaturen"
Number Living_T_actual_corrected "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Ist [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (g_L_T, g_L_temp) {alexa="CurrentTemperature"} //korrigierte Temperatur mit correct.rules
String Living_T_HC_Mode "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Modus" (g_L_T) {alexa="ThermostatController.thermostatMode" [binding="max"]}
Number Living_T_vault "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Vault [%.1f °C]" <radiator> (g_L_T) {alexa="TargetTemperature" [setpointRange="10:25"]}

Do you have any idea what I’m missing?

Cheers

Your items are missing the channel definition for your MAX! Thermostats.

I only posted those items that Alexa should interact with to make it easier to understand for everyone. Of course I also have the items with the channel definitions. Sorry for not mentioning. As I wrote, MAX! and OpenHAB work together perfectly fine and with Alexa, I can also control switches I created in openHAB.

The full item configuration for the thermostat looks like this:

Group g_L_T "Wohnzimmer Thermostat" {alexa="Thermostat"}
Group g_L_temp "Wohnzimmer Temperaturen"
Number Living_T_actual "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Raw" <temperature> (g_L_T) { channel=" max:thermostat:MKF0005007:MKF0075469:actual_temp " }
Number Living_T_actual_corrected "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Ist [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (g_L_T, g_L_temp) {alexa="CurrentTemperature"} //korrigierte Temperatur mit correct.rules
Number Living_T_set "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Soll" <radiator> (g_L_T, g_L_temp) { channel=" max:thermostat:MKF0005007:MKF0075469:set_temp " }
String Living_T_HC_Mode "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Modus" (g_L_T) [ "homekit:HeatingCoolingMode" ]
Switch Living_T_batterylow "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Batterie"  <battery> (g_L_T) {channel="max:thermostat:MKF0005007:MKF0075469:battery_low"}
Number Living_T_valve "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Ventil" <heating> (g_L_T, g_Chart_perc) {channel = "max:thermostat:MKF0005007:MKF0075469:valve"}
Number Living_T_plan "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Plan [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (g_L_T)
Number Living_T_vault "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Vault [%.1f °C]" <radiator> (g_L_T) {alexa="TargetTemperature" [setpointRange="10:25"]}
Number Living_T_l "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Low [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (g_L_T)
Number Living_T_h "Thermostat Wohnzimmer High [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (g_L_T)
Number Living_T_o "Thermostat Wohnzimmer Fenster offen [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (g_L_T)

What happens when you request a thermostat voice command? Usually, if you see not responding in the Alexa app, it could indicate that one or more of the thermostat item states are not defined. Can you see if you get a proper state on the OH side for all components of your Alexa-linked thermostat?

Also, the thermostat mode item definition in your full item configuration above is different from the one you initially provided. Is that item supposed to have a channel definition as well?

Read it like a dozen times that all states have to be defined. However, I must have missed the thermostat mode item because it never showed up in my logs. I set it to “Automatic” manually and now it works.

The thermostat mode definitions are different because I tried the old and new syntax. I got it to work with the old syntax now.