[Solved] Modbus Binding - Read Only

Hi

I am using OH2 and Modbus Binding 1.9.0
It works perfektly when using basic like this:

Switch dS2824Input1  "Input1"  (gDs2824) 	{modbus="dS2824:24"}

but this is actually only a input. So i try to change to read only, like this:

Switch dS2824Input1  "Input1"  (gDs2824) 	{modbus="<[dS2824:24]"}

This is not working and I am getting error in the consol:

08:56:06.017 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'dS2824.items'
08:56:06.020 [ERROR] [el.item.internal.GenericItemProvider] - Binding configuration of type 'modbus' of item 'dS2824Input1' could not be parsed correctly.
org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.BindingConfigParseException: For input string: "24]"
        at org.openhab.core.binding.internal.BindingConfigReaderDelegate.processBindingConfiguration(BindingConfigReaderDelegate.java:50)[197:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.0.0]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:312)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.internalDispatchBindings(GenericItemProvider.java:284)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.processBindingConfigsFromModel(GenericItemProvider.java:167)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item.internal.GenericItemProvider.modelChanged(GenericItemProvider.java:347)[123:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.item:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:207)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:120)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFile(FolderObserver.java:272)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.access$1(FolderObserver.java:265)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver$WatchQueueReader.processWatchEvent(FolderObserver.java:146)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.service.AbstractWatchQueueReader.run(AbstractWatchQueueReader.java:122)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]

I have tried to folow the instructions in this manual, but am not able to se what i am doing wrong.
Someone that can help me?

In the wiki page you reference, it says (referring to read-only, write only etc.

In addition to simple format, a new configuration syntax was introduced in version 1.10.0.

You need to update to binding version 1.10

Refreshing Item config after edits seems to be doomed to failure in OH2. I’d reboot OH after changes like this.

Thanks for the replay. I was reading the version as One dot one zero and not one dot ten. :see_no_evil:

Updated to version 1.10.0 now and it is working fine.

1 Like