[SOLVED] Modbus serial slave (poller) issue with Symlinks (probably)

Maybe it’s time to go to the Home Assistant, however Home Assistant supports full Modbus development, openHAB is only for advanced users and is not designed for general users, I’ve been migrating for more than a year to use the Home Assistant for all modbus PLCs that I use for electrical control in my home . However, I prefer something that has backups (the PLC can use I / O so it can be used with a common switch, whereas the wifi will shut down in case of network problems).
I hoped openHAB would appreciate common users, but it seemed to get more and more complicated after I migrated.

My complaint:

1. The Wiki documentation only creates a sample modbus TCP without a sample for the modbus RTU.
  2. Modbus configuration is too complicated.

Modbus is complicated. Good luck.

If you use the Home Assistant, it is very easy to configure modbus.
So it is quite easy to integrate with multiple PLCs with 1 USB RS232 and several PLCs with different addresses.

I’m not sure what you want to happen.
You specifically joined the forum just to append to someone else’s post and say you were going to use some other product, that’s fine.
Even as someone who sets up PLCs, you found setting up the Modbus binding too difficult, but never asked for help. That’s fine too.
Good luck with your new project.