[SOLVED] MQTT binding stopped working after today's snapshot update

openhab does not seem able to send or receive anything from my MQTT, i raised the logging to debug and i have the below in my log

01:53:53.746 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - Cannot use configuration org.openhab.mqtt for [org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=376, bundle=230/mvn:org.openhab.io/org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt/1.9.0-SNAPSHOT]: No visibility to configuration bound to mvn:org.openhab.action/org.openhab.action.mqtt/1.9.0-SNAPSHOT

any suggestions ?

UPDATE:
strange, i just uninstalled MQTT Actions and it worked, even after i re-installed the MQTT actions still working :slight_smile:
i do not know what happened :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is interesting, and sounds similar to what people have experienced with the caldav bundles. @Kai, is this familiar to you?

I just upgraded today, and had the exact same issue, with the same solution.

Glad I found this post, I was poking around for ages wondering what had happened.

Same problem for me and same working solution.
Your post saved my day!

13:04:42.858 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - Cannot use configuration org.openhab.mqtt for [org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=308, bundle=208/mvn:org.openhab.io/org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt/1.10.0-SNAPSHOT]: No visibility to configuration bound to mvn:org.openhab.action/org.openhab.action.mqtt/1.10.0-SNAPSHOT

13:11:20.270 [INFO ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Uninstalled 'openhab-action-mqttā€™
13:11:20.294 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ExtensionEvent ] - Extension ā€˜action-mqttā€™ has been uninstalled.
13:11:48.969 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.
13:11:48.978 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection ā€˜OH2MQTTā€™

Same problem as at TODAY!

Did an apt-update and upgrade, MQTT just stopped working completely (running mosquitto, and confirmed that manually publishing at command line things still worked, so issue had to be OH2 binding). I had made no changes to OH config whatsoever, even tried a complete reboot of OpenHAB2 - no go. After finding this post, I uninstalled MQTT 1.11 binding, got the ā€œno visibility to configurationā€¦ā€ error, and still nothing would work, so uninstalled MQTT actions and bingo, everything works again. Reinstalled MQTT actions and still working.

Very odd!

Exactly the same problem for me !
Iā€™ve lost 2 hours on this problem ā€¦ :confused:

This is a very critical bug, besides losing times, that means that the MQTT messages sent that way canā€™t be processed in a reliable way ā€¦

So my logs are :

2017-09-25 14:08:11.392 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - Cannot use configuration org.openhab.mqtt for [org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=919, bundle=232/mvn:org.openhab.io/org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt/1.11.0-SNAPSHOT]: No visibility to configuration bound to mvn:org.openhab.action/org.openhab.action.mqtt/1.11.0-SNAPSHOT
2017-09-25 14:10:15.804 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.
2017-09-25 14:10:15.805 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection 'mqtt-broker-jupiter'
2017-09-25 14:10:15.941 [INFO ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Uninstalled 'openhab-action-mqtt'

Events :

• nothing was working on openhab side (whereas mosquitto worked well, same for mosquitto_sub) (restarting mosquitto didnā€™t helped)
  • i changed in services/mqtt.cfg the ā€œconnection idā€ (just in case) : i got the ā€œcannot use configuration errorā€
  • i uninstalled from paper ui the ā€œmqtt actionā€
  • you can see in the log that at the same time, even a few milliseconds before, the broker connection has started (at last)
1 Like

Thank you @Basem_AlSaeed . I was about to lose my mind over MQTT not working.

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Thank you! Got the same problem

1 Like

Same problem here (and same solution) after changing mqtt host IP/name in cfg. look like the problem I see with caldav. @Kai : Is there already an issue raised for this bug ?

I am not aware of any reported issue and I honestly wouldnā€™t even know in which issue tracker to enter itā€¦ First place would probably be openhab1-addons.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem after the update to 2.2 - same solutionā€¦

+1 :sunglasses:

For me all works fine when I removed mqtt actions (I also had to change something in mqtt.cfg to get it to connect again).
But if I install mqtt action agian, it all stops working again. Not really sure how and why, but mqtt communication works without mqtt action plugin now.
Great that there is a easy solution, but a bit unfortunate that bug builds up a fear of updating the system :smiley:

I confirm! If both are installed, binding and action, then after the update the mosquito does not work. When you delete an action, the mosquito starts to work. This happens a very long time ago.

can you try to restart the mosquito service after Openhab service is fully started and all the bindings and UI are fully loaded ?
in my case it always works after a simple restart for the service

Same issue. was starting to pull my hair out. Thanks for the solution.

This problem still exists. There is a namespace type conflict, as it is clearly referencing the action in the logs as the reason for failing.

Cannot use configuration org.openhab.mqtt for [org.openhab.io.transport..MqttService, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=316, bundle=208/mvn:org.openhab.io/org.openhab.io.transport.mqtt/1.11.0]: No visibility to configuration bound to mvn:org.openhab.action/org.openhab.action.mqtt/1.11.0

This clearly is design/implementation flaw - see https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/issues/5500#issuecomment-370210029. Both o.oh.io.transport.mqtt and o.oh.action.mqtt have a ManagedService which use the same PID (i.e. unique identifier).

i just had this happen on oh 2.2.0 release. is mqtt-action needed at this stage or can it be left uninstalled?