[SOLVED] myopenHAB items not visible

And what happens to the long term OpenHAB supporters & users who currently have more items than that?

pay

The OH foundation which provides the service cannot legally charge users so the users cannot pay for the service.

If you want a paid cloud service for IFTTT, perhaps you want Home Assistant.

Care to share how you did that?

I have added additional items manually in a google.items file and used the Google Assistant Tags for them. For example a rollershutter. I added it in the items file as blind.

After this I connected my Google home to OpenHab and this item was directly visible then. In PaperUI I linked this item as a second item to the rollershutter.
For some other cases I have not linked the google item to a thing, I have used a rule then.

Do we have any news about this service?
Ifttt was almost perfect for prezence so even one item for new users can make the difference.
I know many of you may say to use iCloud binding but no…it’s not reliable at all.
What about a message on next update to educate users not to expose unnecessary items and the load can be reduced dramatically. Thank you!

Care to share some code snippets?

One solution to get money for openhab would be banners on the webpage. Banner ads would be interesting for device manufacturer an they could pay per click for the ads. So the service could stay free for users. A limit of 100 requests per openhab cloud instance would be a solution to reduce requests on the cloud instance. But killing the connection to web services like ifttt is not a good way and users will switch to other plattforms like homeassistant. the benefit of openhab at the moment is that it is completely free an offers all features like google assistance, amazon, iftt etc…

1 Like

Is this issue just IFTTT related? I can’t see any items at myopenhab.org at all.

I think they disabled it, same problem for me

Hello all

Any news here - tried to sync some items - but they don’t show up in myopenhab.org

Nothing new here - only old ifttt items are still working - but new items are not possible anymore. Very sad. I still think that ad banners for companies would be one option for getting money for myopenhab.org - so it can be free for users.

I just discovered the same issue NOT using IFTTT. Items won’t show up.