[solved] mySQL: Unable to find table for query

Hi Forum

I just made the maSQL database running on my windows 7 system, charts are displayed as before with rrd4j persistence but now I can see very often in my server log the following errors. What’s going wrong there?

Thx & Regards

2015-10-09 13:51:48.142 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query 'gEG'.
2015-10-09 13:51:48.147 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query 'gUG'.
2015-10-09 13:51:48.147 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query 'gOutdoor'.
2015-10-09 13:51:48.147 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query 'gDG_Zi1'.
2015-10-09 13:51:48.147 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query 'gDG_Zi3'.
2015-10-09 13:51:48.147 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Unable to find table for query 'gDG_Bad'.

I’m having exactly the same issue. New installation on Ubuntu.

I switched to the JPA persistence and that one looks better :slight_smile:

Does the error occur during startup? If so, this can be caused by the system trying to restore the state of an item when there is no data stored for it. So, if you’ve got a reasonably new system, if not all data is persisted, then you will see this on startup (or when files are reloaded).

Hi @chris

thanks for your hint, I think you brought me on the right way.

After restart/reload the mentioned errors are listed but everyone only once. And I can confirm that the errors are related to items which never received any data (e.g. group items or dummy items).

Would be nice if in further versions of OH this could be displayed as “WARN” not as “ERROR”.

Once again thank you for your hint :smile:

1 Like

Great - glad that explains it.

I agree - this probably shouldn’t be an error - if you like to raise an issue on the issue tracker we can look to change this.
Chris