[SOLVED] Need to multiply a temperature value by 10 without getting an extra decimal

Hi,

I am trying to define a rule that will send a command to an item with temperatures represented like e.g. 230 for 23.0°C.

This is what I have done:

rule "UpdatePopp1TemperatureItem"
    when
    	Item Popp1_Temperature_ToBe received update
    then
    	Popp1_V3.sendCommand((Popp1_Temperature_ToBe.state as Number) * 10)
    end

All is ok when I change Popp1_Temperature_ToBe to 23 for example, but when I change it 17.5, instead of sending a command with 175, it sends 175.0 !

Can you please tell me what I’m doing wrong here?

Thanks,

In case it would be needed, my items look like this:

Number Popp1_V3 "Température - Popp1 [%.1f °C]" { zibase="VAR,3" }
Number Popp1_Temperature_ToBe "Température to be - Popp1 [%.1f °C]"

What are you trying to do, and what is the device you are trying to use?

If the device requires a temperature 10x the value (as I suspect from what you’ve posted) then really the binding should sort this out for you. Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you’re doing though…

eg if this is trying to set a temperature on a ZWave device, then I would consider this a bug in the zwave binding if you needed to set the temperature to 175 to get 17.5 degrees…

Hello Chris, thanks a lot for the super fast answer.

I’m trying to set thermostat setpoint value on a zwave valve (Popp). I use an old Zwave box called zibase that is not maintained anymore (and its binding is not maintained either…). I know this is not great, but this is what I have at the moment.

If I would just be able to send the command by taking the temperatures either like 17.5 and multiply it by 10 and get 175 and not 175.0, I would be all set but for some reason when I multiply 17.5 by 10, i get one extra digit after “.”…
When the set temp is like 23, the extra decimal is not added, because I believe as a starting point it is not there, so I really multiply 23 by 10 and not 23.0 by 10…

If I’m able to solve that, I have the full thing pretty much ok (I have tested by hardcoding the values in the send command and it works fine.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks,

Change this line:

Popp1_V3.sendCommand((Popp1_Temperature_ToBe.state as Number) * 10)

to

Popp1_V3.sendCommand(((Popp1_Temperature_ToBe.state as Number) * 10).intValue)

That will trim the decimal point and send your value as an integer.

Thanks a lot, bartus.