I now have 2 NeoCam PIR sensors with a different ID than my previous one. I initially got them in OH and identified. When I started trying to use one of them, I suspected the Thing may not have been fully initializes, so I removed the Thing and rediscovered.it onluyshows ad “Unknown Device” with no IDs.
I notice neither sensors have xml files produced. Here is the info from one of them when first discovered.
I suspect that it’s only partly completed the initialisation. There are type/id’s defined, so it knows the manufacturer data, but firmware version is 0, so that is the missing bit of information required to determine the thing type.
My guess is that it needs to be woken up to finish discovery, but if you’ve done that a few times and it’s not getting there, then please provide a debug log and I’ll take a look.
For starters, just try waking it up - however that is done on this device. If that doesn’t work, stop the binding, delete the XML, enable debug, and restart the binding. Then wait a minute or so for things to calm down, then wake up the device a bunch of times - say once every 5 seconds for 30 seconds or so. Then send the debug log…
OK, but no XML to delete and I have already tried that.
I now have it excluded & reset. My next step is to turn on Debug logging, and then include/discover. I had this fail with no debug logging so perhaps we can figure this our with logs.
The XML file is written at different times - first once an initial discovery is complete and the binding knows the thing type, then again once the discovery is complete, then it may be written at other times to save updated information.
The device I have been working with started as node 8 then 10 and now 11.
Node 9 is the same model that has now been reconnected. It has been woken up but I think it is incomplete too.
Node 3 is my older sensor but the same model / database entry.
Bruce, I´m using a Type / ID 0003:1083 Neo coolcam pir.
What i discovered with this devices is, that you have to keep on pushing the button to wake up the device (or keep it awake) during the inclusion… It kinds odd, cause my other z-waves devices dont react the time…
I think I had to push it 3-4 times last time I did the inclusion. If I dont, the inclusion will end ind a Unknow Device situation.
Indeed, I’ll agree with Kim here and say my experiences with a number of different brands of battery powered devices is that some of them need woken a whole bunch of times. To me a few times it really seemed like it was not working and something was wrong. In the end, it took a bunch of tries
I do it like this, I sit in front of Paper UI, I trigger discovery, I hit the wake button, if the search ends with out success I restart discovery and hit the button again I repeat this process until it works
I remember that with my 0003:108d.
These 2 new ones will NOT complete though, no matter how many times I press the button.
This last time I made sure I was right next to the USB stick.
I plan on
reset the sensor,
stop zwave binding,
start zwave binding,
Parse logs / post here for Chris.
debug logs (zipped) zwave.zip.txt (129.7 KB)
EDIT: Looking closer, I suspect luminance & motion may be working but not temperature. I am primarily interested in motion anyway with temperature as a secondary interest.
I noticed some UNDEF reports in the log viewer. I wondered if they were temperature. My other sensor reports temperature very regularly.
Now I need to get Zooz to replace my first try with their switch. They have good ideas but apparently poor quality control in their manual switches, I think.