[SOLVED] New items not getting into influxdb

  • Platform information:
    • OS: 16.04.1-Ubuntu
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_191
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT
  • Issue of the topic:
    • I have working Influxdb persistence configuration & grafana setup. I’m getting temperature from one of my sensors continuously into influfdb & grafana. However, when I try to add new sensors their data is not getting into influxdb. I can see their temperature in paperUI. There is no series created for them either.
Connected to http://localhost:8086 version 0.10.0
InfluxDB shell 0.10.0
> use openhab_db
Using database openhab_db
> show series
name: OlohuoneLiike1_Temperature
--------------------------------
_key
OlohuoneLiike1_Temperature


name: sine_wave
---------------
_key
sine_wave

Here is my /etc/openhab2/persistence/influxdb.persist file. (I also tried with items in one line)

Strategies {
    everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
    everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
    everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"
}

Items {
    OlohuoneLiike1_Temperature  : strategy = everyMinute
    Tallinliike_Temperature : strategy = everyMinute
    Toimistonliike_Temperature: strategy = everyMinute
}

And yes, everyMinute is just for degubbing purposes.

I’m not sure how to see items configuration created via paperui out from command line but here is my items in paperUI:

image

Here are my openhab.log after restarting openhab:

2018-11-19 16:15:14.176 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Stopped Paper UI
2018-11-19 16:15:14.183 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Stopped HABPanel
2018-11-19 16:15:14.187 [INFO ] [ebuilder.internal.HomeBuilderServlet] - Stopped Home Builder
2018-11-19 16:15:14.193 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Stopped Dashboard
2018-11-19 16:15:18.565 [INFO ] [.internal.GenericScriptEngineFactory] - Activated scripting support for ECMAScript
2018-11-19 16:15:19.326 [INFO ] [ebuilder.internal.HomeBuilderServlet] - Started Home Builder at /homebuilder
2018-11-19 16:15:19.361 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
2018-11-19 16:15:19.428 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Location set to '60.1973914,24.763387599999998'.
2018-11-19 16:15:20.146 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://192.168.0.1:8080
2018-11-19 16:15:20.147 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://192.168.0.1:8443
2018-11-19 16:15:22.499 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'items.items'
2018-11-19 16:15:22.713 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'influxdb.persist'
2018-11-19 16:15:24.007 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'lightautomation.rules'
2018-11-19 16:15:24.081 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
2018-11-19 16:15:25.283 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
2018-11-19 16:15:25.851 [INFO ] [b.core.service.AbstractActiveService] - Expire Refresh Service has been started

Any idea how to debug further?

Try using everyHour in strategies like example below.

Strategies {
    everyHour : "0 0 * * * ?"
    everyDay  : "0 0 0 * * ?"

    default = everyChange
}

Items {
    * : strategy = everyChange, everyHour, everyDay
}

does it work if you change this to :

Items {
OlohuoneLiike1_Temperature,Tallinliike_Temperature,Toimistonliike_Temperature : strategy = everyMinute
}

Usually you would want to create a group for these items and add the group instead to the persistence file.
Check: https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/persistence.html

Thanks for replys. I got my problems solved and here comes explanation in case anybody is facing something similar.

I had typo in the names of newly added items in persitent file. I corrected this rigth before posting my original question. Just was not patient enough to wait for persistence data to be wrote to influxdb. After fixing this problem one of the two newly added sensors was fixed. Today I found problem with last sensor: It was out of battery :slight_smile: Now both are working with original persistence file and I can start to optimize it.