I’ve add a new-ish GE/Jasco switch to my Z-wave network. First time for me to work with a new device. Successfully added the device to Mr. Jackson’s database (thank you!). GE ZW4008DV
The database guide says “For openHAB, the XML files are automatically produced and made available for a Pull Request into the binding repository in Github.” This leads me to believe that I should sit back and wait for the next commit. Are there steps I should take? I’m not experienced with anything beyond Github downloads. If there are steps I should take, pointers to appropriate “how-tos” are appreciated. Thank you.
Thank you. Just installed the latest binding, but still an unknown device. Looks like I entered the wrong value for the firmware version so the new binding still can’t find it. Will try again on next database commit.
Watching the zwave debug logs pointed me to the firmware version mismatch in the database as the problem. When I corrected that back in the device database and waited for the next build, following all the other guides for reinstalling the binding, it connected correctly. I’m grateful for the the community’s effort to create the resources showing me how to make a small contribution.
First I did the upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5.1-2 without any issues.
However, on reboot, my ZWave stick started to cycle on a “handler_missing” error.
I determined that it was because my failed device was still in the OH database so I deleted it in PaperUI. Still a problem with the Controller cycling and the failed device kept showing up in my Inbox.
I went and got the Z-Wave PC Controller 5 software utility. plugged the ZWave stick into my PC, marked the node as “failed”, then “delete failed”.
Re-inserted the ZWave stick into my Raspberry, went back into PaperUI and deleted the device from the Inbox again. This time the Inbox was NOT refreshed by the Stick memory.