[SOLVED] No opencloud when upgrading from 2.4 to 2.5M4

@Thimboo are you on Windows, Linux, Mac ???

@Celaeno1
Linux, openhabian, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

@Thimboo Same here.:+1:

Have you ever edited any additional files such as /srv/openhab2-userdata/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg if so please the files changed.

Just seems odd that only 2 people have run into this issue.:thinking:

Back on 2.4.0 (on Windows) I have the following openhabcloud.config:

baseURL="https://myopenhab.org/"
mode="notification"
service.pid="org.openhab.openhabcloud"

The line with :org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:= is NOT there.

And after update to 2.5.0.M4:

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"1"
mode="notification"

When I change configuration (e.g. with PaperUI or openhabcloud.cfg) and save it, then:

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"2"
mode="remote"
1 Like

Did you have the opencloud binding installed at this point, before updating?

YES. It was installed before updating.

Have a recommendation on what I should change the file to before trying to update?

Remove the first line or change mode from “remote” to “notification” or both? Seems odd that you did not have the first line on the 2.4 version.:thinking:

I would change

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=“2.0”

to

before updating.

I’m going to start with changing to L"2" then restart and see if I have errors. Then move to trying an update.

If you really think there is a problem, please open an issue on GitHub.
Milestone 6 is expected soon and 2.5 Stable in 2 weeks!

1 Like

UPDATE:
In var/lib/openhab2/config/org/openhab/openhabcloud.config
I changed:
:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=“2.0”
to

without updating and everything worked fine. I verified the file did not change back to “2.0” and then used openhabian-config to update.

After updating I went thru the openhabian-config tool and ran fix permissions, add needed packages, etc… then stopped OH, cleaned cache and rebooted. I noticed several errors such as this one.

[ERROR] [org.openhab.core.ephemeris          ] - bundle org.openhab.core.ephemeris:2.5.0.M5 (144)[org.openhab.ephemeris(74)] : The activate method has thrown an exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant java.time.DayOfWeek."( "MONDAY"

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:238) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

at java.time.DayOfWeek.valueOf(DayOfWeek.java:109) ~[?:1.8.0_222]

Also an error about all my bindings not getting installed so I checked turning on/off a lamp via BasicUI and it did not work.:expressionless:

Not my first time updating so no panic just yet.:laughing: I used PaperUI and went thru system settings and resaved location and time zone (FYI, they were correct and didn’t appear to need a change???). I once again stopped OH, cleaned cache and rebooted. This time the error logs looked much better but still no control via BasicUI.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

From here I stopped OH and did a reboot only and voila OH is now upgraded to 2.5M5, BasicUI workes, opencloud is online and Alexa works.:smiley:

Note: My system required 3 reboots total for everything to begin working.

Credit to @Celaeno1 for finding the file mismatch!

2 Likes

@Bruce_Osborne Is this an issue?

Myself and Thimboo are the only ones that seem to stumble across this problem. Still waiting on @Thimboo to give it a try and report back but hopefully he’s successful and we can close this topic.

1 Like

Perhaps not. That is your decision but I wanted to remind you of the current release schedule.

I have two SD cards. Version 2.4 and the update to 2.5 M5. On both systems is in the openhabcloud.config:

:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=“14.0”

Should I change that to L"2", too???

I’m happy for you! :slight_smile:

Maybe tag a few of the developers on this topic and let them decide?

Hate adding more to their plate if not really needed.

I would change it to L"14"

Yes, that will verify it’s only the decimal that’s causing the issue.

I am very pleased that the above procedure has led to a solution. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everything works fine.
I only need one reboot without updating localisation and timezone.
2.5 M5 is running and opencloud is working :grinning:

Many thanks to @Celaeno1 for the great help.

2 Likes