[Solved] Nodon remote controller

Hi,

I just got a new zwave device, a nodon remote controller CRC 3100. I can see the device from OH habmin, but don’t know how to progress.

Do I have to create an item? which type?
How do I get the code for the pushed button?
How do I link it to a rule to do whatever I want?

Remote controller is node7.
zwave trace file can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hd59nxv0j4bk8di/zwave.log?dl=0

Thanks,

The Nodon supports the scene activation class - I recall when adding the database that this was an option, so you need to switch to this setting.

Take a look here for information on scenes. Note that this was written a long tim back and the endpoints were 1 back then, so this will need to be removed. Otherwise, I think the information in this link should be applicable.

Chris

Thanks. I don’t have the configuration properties in ha min, although I have the device properly recognized now.

You might need to delete the XML and restart the binding to get the configuration to show?

I just tried to get access to the configuration without success.

I remove the node.xml file, and event remove the device from the network and attach it again. The logs can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwzz0asfrublbwu/zwave_adding_nodon.log?dl=0

Node number is 8.

In the midtime, I’m reading the other thread you sent me.

Thanks,

Can you attach /etc/zwave/node8.xml to this message?

Attached

<node> <deviceClass> <basicDeviceClass>CONTROLLER</basicDeviceClass> <genericDeviceClass>REMOTE_CONTROLLER</genericDeviceClass> <specificDeviceClass>PORTABLE_REMOTE_CONTROLLER</specificDeviceClass> </deviceClass> <homeId>0xdde2fc2d</homeId> <nodeId>8</nodeId> <version>4</version> <manufacturer>0x165</manufacturer> <deviceId>0x1</deviceId> <deviceType>0x2</deviceType> <listening>false</listening> <frequentlyListening>false</frequentlyListening> <routing>false</routing> <supportedCommandClasses> <entry> <commandClass>NO_OPERATION</commandClass> <noOperationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> </noOperationCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>CONFIGURATION</commandClass> <configurationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <configParameters/> </configurationCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass> <basicCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported> </basicCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass> <versionCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <libraryType>LIB_CONTROLLER</libraryType> <protocolVersion>4.5</protocolVersion> <applicationVersion>2.3</applicationVersion> </versionCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>BATTERY</commandClass> <batteryCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <batteryLevel>100</batteryLevel> <batteryLow>false</batteryLow> <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported> </batteryCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass> <manufacturerSpecificCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> </manufacturerSpecificCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>WAKE_UP</commandClass> <WakeUpCommandClass> <version>2</version> <instances>1</instances> <targetNodeId>1</targetNodeId> <interval>0</interval> <minInterval>0</minInterval> <maxInterval>0</maxInterval> <defaultInterval>0</defaultInterval> <intervalStep>0</intervalStep> <lastWakeup>2015-10-11 20:05:09.824 UTC</lastWakeup> </WakeUpCommandClass> </entry> <entry> <commandClass>ASSOCIATION</commandClass> <associationCommandClass> <version>1</version> <instances>1</instances> <configAssociations/> <maxGroups>7</maxGroups> </associationCommandClass> </entry> </supportedCommandClasses> <nodeNeighbors/> <lastSent>2015-10-11 20:05:11.399 UTC</lastSent> <lastReceived>2015-10-11 20:05:11.459 UTC</lastReceived> <applicationUpdateReceived>true</applicationUpdateReceived> </node>

I’ve hopefully found the problem - grab the snapshot tomorrow and hopefully you’ll be set :smile:

Sure. Will give a new try.

As I have now node8 and node7, is there any way to reset the counter to anything similar to have all the numbers continuously?

No - the node IDs are allocated by the controller and they can’t be changed. Each time you add a new device, the controller increments the ID…

I removed the node8.xml file and I tried with the new build and got the following exception:

2015-10-12 08:18:31.254 [ERROR] [b.z.i.protocol.ZWaveController:1133]- Exception during Z-Wave thread: Input.
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$UnknownFieldException: No 		such field org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveDbManufacturer.ConfigFile
---- Debugging information ----
field               : ConfigFile
class               : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveDbManufacturer
required-type       : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveDbManufacturer
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /Manufacturers/Manufacturer[56]/ConfigFile
line number         : 2800
class[1]            : org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveProductDatabase$ZWaveDbRoot
version             : 1.4.6
-------------------------------
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.handleUnknownField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:495) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:351) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:257) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:426) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:257) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1157) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1141) ~[na:na]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1021) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveProductDatabase.loadDatabase(ZWaveProductDatabase.java:92) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.config.ZWaveProductDatabase.<init>(ZWaveProductDatabase.java:48) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:535) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.ZWaveIncomingEvent(ZWaveNodeStageAdvancer.java:1037) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.notifyEventListeners(ZWaveController.java:598) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveWakeUpCommandClass.setAwake(ZWaveWakeUpCommandClass.java:416) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.commandclass.ZWaveWakeUpCommandClass.handleApplicationCommandRequest(ZWaveWakeUpCommandClass.java:186) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.serialmessage.ApplicationCommandMessageClass.handleRequest(ApplicationCommandMessageClass.java:80) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingRequestMessage(ZWaveController.java:221) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingMessage(ZWaveController.java:194) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.access$6(ZWaveController.java:189) ~[na:na]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveInputThread.run(ZWaveController.java:1126) ~[na:na]
2015-10-12 08:18:39.931 [TRACE] [veController$WatchDogTimerTask:1508]- Watchdog: Checking Serial threads

I checked line 2800 and it points to the config file. I also zipped the addon and used an online tool to validate the XML from nodon/crc3100.xml and it seems to be correct.

Full log is located at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms6dnnb4rpiymj1/zwave_20151012.log?dl=0

Just found the problem.

zwave database products.xml is:

<Manufacturer>
	<Id>0165</Id>
	<Name>Nodon</Name>
	<Product>
		<Reference>
			<Type>0002</Type>
			<Id>0001</Id>
		</Reference>
		<Model>CRC-3100</Model>
		<Label lang="en">Remote Control</Label>
	</Product>
	<ConfigFile>nodon/crc3100.xml</ConfigFile>
</Manufacturer>

but it should be

<Manufacturer>
	<Id>0165</Id>
	<Name>Nodon</Name>
	<Product>
		<Reference>
			<Type>0002</Type>
			<Id>0001</Id>
		</Reference>
		<Model>CRC-3100</Model>
		<Label lang="en">Remote Control</Label>
	        <ConfigFile>nodon/crc3100.xml</ConfigFile>
	</Product>
</Manufacturer>

ConfigFile should be a product child and not a manufacturer child.

Is there anyway to generate the jar file now and not waiting for tonight build?

Pull request is created.

I’m able to see now the configuration properties.

I used the jar cf and jar uf to generate the file manually and worked.

Will let you know my progress to make the remote control work.

Sorry - I put the file in the wrong place - I’ve just updated it… It will be in tonights build…

Ooops - I should have read all the messages before replying…

I didn’t see any PR from you though, so not sure where it is… In any case, it should now be fixed…

I finally made the remote controller to work. Still missing to code the rules, but I have the items already created.

I sent an email, as I’m not able to trigger some scene, but I’ll keep this thread up to date for future reference.

@chris Thanks for all your support and patience

@mcarlosro

Have you been able to create the scene control?
Would you please share your items, rules and scene configurations?
Thanks.

Yes. I did it for OH1, as you can see here: https://community.openhab.org/t/collection-of-working-z-wave-configs/1407/31

Great!
Thanks a lot!