[SOLVED] OH3.4 Error downloading mvn:org.jmdns/jmdns/3.5.7

• Hardware: VM 32 gb ram

• openHAB version: 3.4 snapshot

• Issue of the topic: after starting there is always the error downloading mvn:org:jmdns/3.5.7

• problem starts after upgrading from stable 3.3 to 3.4 snapshots

Logs

Error downloading mvn:org.jmdns/jmdns/3.5.7

2022-07-08 08:54:34.028 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-binding-airquality, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-bin2json, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-feed, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-ipcamera, openhab-binding-telegram, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mysql, openhab-voice-googletts, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-binding-hpprinter, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-http, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-androiddebugbridge, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-automation-pidcontroller, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-automation-jsscripting, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-nuki, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-transformation-jinja, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-networkupstools, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-mail, openhab-voice-googlestt, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-automation-jrubyscripting, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-gpstracker, openhab-binding-weathercompany, openhab-binding-snmp': Error:

2022-07-08 08:55:00.537 [ERROR] [internal.handler.ScriptActionHandler] - Script execution of rule with UID 'irrigazione_livio-7' failed: Text '2022-07-08TNULL:00.000000+02:00[Europe/Rome]' could not be parsed at index 11 in irrigazione_livio

2022-07-08 08:55:33.174 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-standard': Error:

2022-07-08 08:55:34.077 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-binding-airquality, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-transformation-bin2json, openhab-binding-network, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-binding-shelly, openhab-binding-feed, openhab-binding-mqtt, openhab-transformation-map, openhab-binding-ipcamera, openhab-binding-telegram, openhab-transformation-xslt, openhab-transformation-exec, openhab-binding-systeminfo, openhab-transformation-scale, openhab-persistence-jdbc-mysql, openhab-voice-googletts, openhab-binding-weatherunderground, openhab-automation-groovyscripting, openhab-transformation-xpath, openhab-binding-hpprinter, openhab-persistence-rrd4j, openhab-binding-ntp, openhab-binding-http, openhab-binding-astro, openhab-binding-androiddebugbridge, openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-automation-pidcontroller, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-automation-jsscripting, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-binding-nuki, openhab-binding-lgwebos, openhab-transformation-jinja, openhab-binding-upnpcontrol, openhab-binding-networkupstools, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-mail, openhab-voice-googlestt, openhab-transformation-javascript, openhab-automation-jrubyscripting, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-transformation-jsonpath, openhab-automation-jythonscripting, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-binding-openweathermap, openhab-binding-gpstracker, openhab-binding-weathercompany, openhab-binding-snmp': Error:

clean cache performed
rebooted 2-3 times

How can I solve?

thanks in advance.

Livio

You can workaround it until @Kai uploads the missing jmdns artifacts by using the add-ons KAR.

I already tryed loading manually the kar files for addon 3.4.0 but with no effect…
I received the error that the (installed) addons can’t be loaded and in karaf console there was no addons installed

Just did so! Sorry for missing it before…

@wborn Do you have any idea why it is trying to download 3.5.7 instead of 3.5.8 with the 3.4-SNAPSHOT? Did I miss to update any further dependency on JmDNS?

@Kai , @wborn

Just Updated from stable 3.3.0 to latest snapshot 3.4 and now it works .

thanks a lot

I didn’t look at the version number, but upon closer inspection I think jmdns should be preinstalled in the runtime anyhow because openhab-transport-mdns is part of openhab-runtime-base. So I think it should not even be necessary to add jmdns artifacts to the repo.

The version in the compile BOM could use an update, but it doesn’t explain such issues.

I think you are right, because version 3.5.7 wasn’t in the repo yet either and we never had any issue with openHAB 3.3.

So I assume in @livio’s setup might have been older add-ons (e.g. locally in addons) that might have required this dependency, which was then gone when the core was updated to 3.4 (and JmDNS 3.5.8).

I have the same issue with the OH 3.3 release build

I’m confused, because I see references to 3.3M6, while is was a fresh install of openHABIAN 1.7 and upgrading to 3.3 Release Build

2022-07-10 16:20:02.787 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-package-standard': No matching features for openhab-package-standard/0
2022-07-10 16:20:03.909 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mail, openhab-persistence-influxdb, openhab-binding-twitter': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-transport-upnp; type=karaf.feature; version="[3.3.0.M6,3.3.0.M6]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-transport-upnp)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=3.3.0.M6)(version<=3.3.0.M6))"
  ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ ) 
  / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \ 
 | (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )
  \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/ 
       |_|       3.3.0 - Release Build

Sounds very weird indeed. Do you have any add-ons in the local addon folder or are they all installed from the remote repo?

Yes, I have an updated an updated ONKY biding (my PR is pending) and Shelly, both build von 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.

And you never had a 3.3.0.M6 installed on that server? I’m really confused then. :confused:

Could it be the reason that I created a full backup from the old install and restored that to the new one? I saw the message “including cache”, which might result in some addons on the cache of the old installation got restored?

That sounds very likely indeed.

ok, the following did it

• removed bundles from addons folder
  • cleared cache
  • started OH and waited a while
  • copied bundles 1 by 1 back to the addons folder

No more failure messages in the log. So: Don’t restore a backup incl. cache when upgrading versions, or clean cache after restore

1 Like

Currently you can only backup/restore from/to the exact same OH version. IIRC there is not even version information in the backup, so the usual upgrade logic is not executed if you restore older data and use it with a newer OH version.