[Solved] OH3 Semantic Class can't be changed

Hello folks, I’m dipping my toe into OH3, I’ve been an OH2 user for years but am starting from scratch with OH3 in Docker as a test system.

Platform information: Docker
openHAB 3.1.0 Docker image

I’m hitting an early hurdle. I’m trying to stick to the recommended flow this time around on this test system to see how it goes for me but when defining the Semantic Model, I can’t set or change the Semantic Class.

I have the following basic model:

Notice that all the items are of Semantic Class “Location”, that’s my only available choice, while others such as “Downstairs” are available, if I click on one either when editing an existing item or creating a new one, the dialogues close down and I am returned to the semantic model screen, losing any changes I have made. This is what I’m clicking on:

When I click the editing dialogues are removed, I’m dumped back to the semantic model screen and no changes have been saved. The log contains the following:

2021-07-04 05:49:34.964 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Garden
2021-07-04 06:10:31.948 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Indoors
2021-07-04 06:10:52.834 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Indoors
2021-07-04 06:11:09.323 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Indoors
2021-07-04 06:11:20.299 [WARN ] [e.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Indoors

I don’t think the log entries are related however, if I recreate the problem, none of the files in the logs directory get updated so whatever the error is it doesn’t seem to be logged so I suspect the log entries are a red herring.

Hmm this resolved itself without me changing anything, I literally came back the next day and did the same thing I did several times the previous day and it all worked :-/ No idea on that one.