SOLVED: Openhab Cloud Connector and Google Home will not 'sync my devices' with more than 5 tags

That is automatic by the forum, just post a raw link without putting it inside link code formatting and it occurs.
Thanks for posting the raw output as it shows that mine is the same.

Great let me know either way if it works or does not work when you move more than 10 across.

1 Like

OK I finally appear to have found my issue. Drull roll… After 80+ hours of looking it was changing my MTU and MRU from the default 1492 in my router to the value of 1440.
I found this out because I had a very weird problem with Netflix not working and it was giving a NW-2-5 error which only happened on 1 device, when netflix worked on all other devices on the same network. I found some SONOS users with the same fix.

To diagnose if this is your issue you can do a ping with a set packet size and see if you get fragmentation and 100% loss…

windows command

ping myopenhab.org -f -l 1500

Linux command

ping -s 1500 -M do myopenhab.org

See this link for more info on how to test and set the optimal size…
https://kb.netgear.com/19863/Ping-Test-to-determine-Optimal-MTU-Size-on-Router

Glad you figured it out.

Sadly I still have not figured it out fully and I am back to where I was before I got hit by the MTU issue. Currently it will not allow me to “sync my devices” as that fails to work. But if I remove the device link from the google app and re link the accounts, it will then find and work with any changes I have made. This proves it is not my items file. I have seen a number of people complain of this same behaviour and they appear to ignore it due to a workaround being in place and that is becoming my stance as I have wasted enough time on this now. I can now also use the remote UI panels from the myopenhab.org website since changing the MTU size on my router so the only thing left broken is the ability to “sync my devices”.

An update on this is that after updating to Openhab 2.4.0 Stable I can now use the “sync my devices” command to find new devices. Looks like everything is now work great.