[SOLVED] Openhab default user password

Thank you.

I tried one by one the following commands (all of them work, if i enter them directly via ssh):

rule "Backup OH-Dateien"
	when
		Item openhabBackup changed to ON
	then
		sendCommand(openhabBackup, OFF)
		Thread::sleep(3000)

// https://community.openhab.org/t/openhab-default-user-password/4314/19

//val results = executeCommandLine("sudo -i nohup sh /etc/openhab2/scripts/ohbackup.sh &", 5000)
		val results = executeCommandLine("sudo nohup sh /etc/openhab2/scripts/ohbackup.sh 0<&- &>/dev/null &", 5000)

//val results = executeCommandLine("sudo su -c 'sudo sh /etc/openhab2/scripts/ohbackup.sh' -s /bin/sh root", 5000)
		//val results = executeCommandLine("sudo runuser -l  root -c 'sudo sh /etc/openhab2/scripts/ohbackup.sh'", 5000)

// ### do geht moi gornix davon!

logInfo("backupOHfiles", results)		
end

No command worked via OH2-Switch and the rule.

I also dont know if its necessary to stop OH2 for the backup, but thats the way its described in the oh2-wiki

none of that worked for me, running openhab on orange pi lite :tired_face:

[update]
was pure Linux permission issue, was trying to kill a process that is first run by pi user and kill it using openhab user.

http://docs.openhab.org/administration/console.html#accessing-the-console states the “The default username/password is openhab:habopen, so enter habopen at the password prompt.” Username in context is openhab, broader context is logging into the karaf console after having established an ssh session to the server.

Is that a question or an answer?

Sorry to upset anyone, but I was searching for my own needs for the answer same as this OP. The OP never got a clear answer in this thread so I thought I would post the solution that I found as an answer with finality and clarity to this OP.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anyone upset. You posting was a little ambiguous as written and it was hard to tell if you were asking a new question or posting an answer. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

:arrow_up: what he said :wink: