[SOLVED] openHab sometimes freezes on RPi3

Thanks for your help!

However I have updated today to 2.3.0 and it seems much-much better than 2.2.0. Lots of my issues seems to be gone… Just need a little time to prove this!

However I had to remove the wifiled binding. It is not a big problem for me, because my whole smarthome is in “beta” yet, and I just trying out different leds, etc with this binding. But do we know when a fix will be available for this binding? And if I’m on the stable channel how can I install this updated version? Replace the addon file?

Thanks!

You will have to look at the open issues on that binding. There are over 330 bindings. It’s impossible for any one person to keep track of them all.

It depends. The “safest” way (not super sage, hence the quotes) is to upgrade the whole OH. There can be changes made to the core of OH that make newer versions of bindings no longer compatible with the older OH core. If that hasn’t happened, you should be able to uninstall the old binding, download the jar file for the new one, and drop it in the addons folder.

Now I can say for sure that the cause of this whole freezing thing was that I had OSMC installed on Raspberry. I know that this was not a good thing, but I just started using openHab then, and it was easier to install openHab on a configured device. Now I have a dedicated server for openHab.
However I have tried it for a few weeks and if someone wants to try openHab and has a Raspberry for media playback with Kodi, you can do this:

• Install openHabian on the Raspberry and later install Kodi from package.

This will have the best performance, but don’t use it for bigger and complex setup, mainly just for trying out openHab!

1 Like

Hello,

I have some problems with me openhaal installation. The system is running on a raspberry pi 4 with 4GBram. After a certain time the system is unresponsive and I see a lot of jetty and java errors.
Would someone be so kind as to take a look at the logs? It is very annoying. I am at my wit’s end.

events.log (872.9 KB)