[SOLVED] Openhab2 with knx on sysnologie 214+

Hi im unable to config knx binding. were should i configure

Hi,
Welcome on this forum.
You’ll find many people here willing to help. I started here myself a few months ago, and was able to set up and configure everything thanks to this community.

However, you do need to be a bit more specific when asking questions.

Did you take the beginners tutorial?
http://docs.openhab.org/tutorials/beginner/index.html
Are you familiar with the OpenHAB concepts?

Were you able to install the KNX binding? If no, what error message did you get?
Did you process the documentation?

If yes, where exactly are you stuck?

Welcome to OpenHAB, and good luck automating your house! :slight_smile:

Dries

1 Like

Hi, thx for your replay. I have installed the KNX Binding but i wouldn’t work.

2017-06-18 14:35:47.415 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=332, bundle=195/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.knx/1.9.0]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.knx
tuwien.auto.calimero.exception.KNXIllegalArgumentException: non-valid routing multicast /192.168.178.50
at tuwien.auto.calimero.knxnetip.KNXnetIPRouting.(KNXnetIPRouting.java:151)[195:org.openhab.binding.knx:1.9.0]
at tuwien.auto.calimero.knxnetip.KNXnetIPRouting.(KNXnetIPRouting.java:134)[195:org.openhab.binding.knx:1.9.0]
at tuwien.auto.calimero.link.KNXNetworkLinkIP.(KNXNetworkLinkIP.java:154)[195:org.openhab.binding.knx:1.9.0]
at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.connection.KNXConnection.connectByIp(KNXConnection.java:292)[195:org.openhab.binding.knx:1.9.0]
at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.connection.KNXConnection.connect(KNXConnection.java:179)[195:org.openhab.binding.knx:1.9.0]
at org.openhab.binding.knx.internal.connection.KNXConnection.updated(KNXConnection.java:448)[195:org.openhab.binding.knx:1.9.0]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$UpdateConfiguration.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1772)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:141)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:109)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]

So I guess it is related to your multicast.

Can you share your KNX configuration (in the file knx.cfg)?

Below you can find mine as an example, but keep in mind that what works for me does not automatically work for you.

My suspicion is that the IP adres you defined in “ip=” is wrong. Try to set it to “224.0.23.12”.

ip=224.0.23.12
busaddr=1.0.2
ignorelocalevents=true
type=ROUTER
port=3671
localIp=192.168.1.2

Also, what hardware do you use to connect your KNX network to your IP network?

1 Like

thx, its working, but now i´m locking for a roller shutter example for home kit

Good to know your KNX binding works.

Related to your second problem: a new problem (challenge) requires a new topic. :slight_smile:
However, I would first try to set up your KNX rollershutter (so you can operate it via BasicUI for example) and after that you can add the Homekit complexity. :slight_smile: Rollershutter examples can be found in the link I mentioned earlier.

hi, rollershutter works with knxan openhab, the problem was that the ip was wrong.

Homekit on openhab dosen´t support rollershutter. Maybe the wrong platform. or apple dosent support it :frowning: