[SOLVED] Openhab2 - Xiaomi Mi Gateway - does not respond

I try ota on mieu01.
Used:

Result:

• not working ((
    Gateway just reply “[ok]” and start blink yellow. ( Stopping after any action with gateway led )

I believe it won’t work with default miio_client implementations because it uses another messaging patterns. Implemented binary by @rothm uses straight plain-text communication while original miio_client requires tokens and encoding/decoding messages. I may be wrong, but this is how I remembered it.

@cadavre Yes, it don’t think it will work out of the box with my “miio_client without encryption” / “miio_client passthrough” which forward each request to the “gw” / gateway client.

The firmware / ota should be processed by the original / vendor miio_client.

Thanks!
Not running IOS and it might take some time for me to test it on Android…

Guys, i have one aqara hub that after flashing immediate firmware flash simply bricked itself and therefore i cannot use it. I did manage to root to it and have access to it, have already tried to manually fix the thing, but without success :confused: I was wondering, if any1 of you successfully using it can send me the .bin file of a working hub?

during inspection of the device via root access, i saw that there might be some sensitive data (like wifi credentials and stuff) so you can simply write dummy values there, but pls tell me which files did you change :slight_smile:

please, if someone can help me with this one, i would be very grateful. if not, at least point me in some direction on what i can possibly do with that device?

Hello everybody,

I am desperate. Have connected the gateway with putty and can see everything. Unfortunately, I can not enter anything. I am very inexperienced with Putty. I read that you have to copy the cmd commands. I do not know how it works. I would be very grateful for your help.

Hi all,

I am trying to follow the fix at the moment. However I don’t see anything at all when I try and connect with putty. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me to try? I would love to get the hub working…

Hi there, did you manage to find any solution to this problem? I have it too and don`t know what to do.

Thank you!

Bib thanks rsx2007.
Totally worked for me.

now the xiaomi Hub works perfectly in HA.

thanks a lot.

Ok so if it’s not about opening the ports, what should I do now? I’m trying to connect the gateway to domoticz running on a Raspberry Pi. I managed to reset the root password and when I run the netstat command I get the same result as you.

Hi, i wonder if someone can help me. I have followed the guide and have connected GND from TTL to GND of the Gateway. Then i connected TX from Gateway to RX on TTL and connected it to the USB. Then i powered the gateway. When i try to connect with Putty, i use 115200 for baudrate and COM1. Putty then opens a new window witch stays blank. I dont what im doing wrong. Any help would be nice.

Not working for me

I have been fighting with this a couple days now , but i finally got it… :slight_smile:

I had the same issue as you, with no output in Putty…
And the problem was that i wasn’t connected properly to TX on the gateway

So check the cable again…

I managed to get it working, port 9898 opened and discovered in OH.

Hey guys! Thanks for the info above. I’ve already connected to my gateway, but when I enter psm-set network.open_pf 3 it answer me psm_set_variable() failed with: -1.

psm-get network.open_pf answer 2. Ports are closed, try to restart the gateway - nothing, try to check and play with rx\tx wires - nothing. :frowning:

I can’t find any information about that. Could you help me?

G’day all,

Apologies for the cross post, but anyone have any idea on my issue whereby I am unable to get OH to effectively listen for Xiaomi heartbeats?

Hi,

I am having the same issue.as Oguz Kekec.
No answer in Putty on the Xiaomi Hub serial port.
Interface wired as : Tx-Rx, Rx-Tx, GND-GND

If I hit return in Putty, Hub remains blinking.
If I don’t hit return in Putty, Hub goes from blinking to fix blue light (standard behavior)

Any clue ?

Are you sure you turn on the gateway without connecting the RX gateway that you need to connect after turning on the gateway?

Thank you for fedd back.

When I apply AC to the gatewy, the serial link is not connected (Rx, Tx, GND not connected).
Just after applying AC to the gateway, I connect the serial link (Tx, Rx, GND) between the PC and the gateway and send “enter” with Putty.

I am using the EU version of the gateway of course.

maybe this is the problem? I opened ports in Chinese the other day, everything went smoothly.