[SOLVED] Openweathermap binding - status stays offline

Dear Community,

I am trying to get the openweathermap binding to work. I am using a openhabian on a raspberry Pi. My OH Version is 2.4.

I am able to install the binding, and I can enter the configuration panel. Here I put in my API-key. I am not sure how to add the String for the location input field - maybe it would be wise to add that to the documentation page. Anyway - can someone verify that the plugin runs under his system or if it is broken. Thanks in advance.

My logs say:
2019-02-03 11:51:47.361 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openweathermap:weather-api:529dd64e’ changed from OFFLINE to UNKNOWN

2019-02-03 11:51:47.372 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘openweathermap:weather-api:529dd64e’ has been updated.

2019-02-03 11:52:02.372 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openweathermap:weather-api:529dd64e’ changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE

Best regards,
Jochen

Did you add a thing? The bridge stayed offline for me until I added a thing (weather-and-forecast).

2 Likes

No - I thought you can only “Search Things”. Anyway I can see in the binding-documentation that you can add a thing by creating a file. I will give it a try.

You can add it in PaperUI, too. That‘s what I did.

There is a „add manually“ (or something like that) in the search dialog.

Thanks - now the add-on works!

1 Like

Unfortunately there are still problems, when I want to configure the binding. Maybe I made a mistake when I want to give the location to the binding. My entry was ‘49.4542100,11.0775200’ which should be Nuremberg. When I tried to save it in the PaperUI I got some error messages which are related to “Conflicts”. It seems not possible to configure the addon in the file or via PaperUI?! It seems that I am stuck here.

Here are my logs:

2019-02-03 13:59:49.540 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:miami’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): The location parameter could not be split into latitude and longitude. to UNINITIALIZED

2019-02-03 13:59:49.574 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:miami’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)

2019-02-03 13:59:49.588 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openweathermap:weather-api:api’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): The apikey parameter must be configured. to OFFLINE

2019-02-03 13:59:49.748 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR): The location parameter could not be split into latitude and longitude. to UNKNOWN

2019-02-03 13:59:49.806 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local’ has been updated.

2019-02-03 13:59:49.845 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘openweathermap:weather-and-forecast:api:local’ has been updated.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2019-02-03 14:03:27.570 [INFO ] [st.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Received HTTP PUT request for update configuration at ‘things/openweathermap:weather-api:api/config’ for an unmanaged thing ‘openweathermap:weather-api:api’.

2019-02-03 14:03:27.578 [INFO ] [st.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Received HTTP PUT request for update at ‘things/openweathermap:weather-api:api’ for an unmanaged thing ‘openweathermap:weather-api:api’.

2019-02-03 14:04:54.713 [INFO ] [st.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Received HTTP PUT request for update configuration at ‘things/openweathermap:weather-api:api/config’ for an unmanaged thing ‘openweathermap:weather-api:api’.

2019-02-03 14:04:54.719 [INFO ] [st.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Received HTTP PUT request for upd

Struggle here also. Binding is OK. But I added the THING but still see status UNKNOWN.
Is this related to Jochen’s question?

If you define the thing in a file you need to configure it in the file. If you define it in PaperUI, you can configure it in PaperUI.

Same problem here, did you solve it?

Same problem here, I have defined it all via text files no paper UI setup at all. It was working but was trying to get the forecast working. I’m not sure of this broke it or the restart I did, but now cant seem to get it to work. I will keep trying and get back if I get it working. If anyone has any ideas hit me up.

I have it working

Not sure if this will help anyone but it was my things file for some reason the lines for local weather and forcast weather as well as the uv index was missing. Added at and it came right online

i have found a solution i like, for habpanel

lob the generated code for image into a custom widget and boom just works.
I then use this binding as now weather only so my hvac rules work as they need current outside temp.