[SOLVED] OpenWebNet alarm in Openhab

Hi @Francesco_Re, do you know if your Scripts of the WHO=5 events in general are supported when communicating to the MYHOMESERVER1 Gateway at all?

I’ve a setup with the MYHOMESERVER1 and also a Bticino Alarm Unit but when I try the command to request the Alarm Status “#50##” as any other WHO=5 command I receive the NACK message.

Also I don’t see any possible configuration for AUX commands in my Central Unit, I guess MyHomeUp to MyAlarm would not work with WHO=5 at all, too bad really…

Hi,
I know for sure that you can’t send WHO=5 commands directly to your web server. What I did is to define an automation (I’ve called it aux command) in the alarm unit that enables you to enable/disable alarm with custom OWN command like *9*6*9##.

The procedure of defining an automation is pretty much this:

1. Antifurto
  2. Automazioni
  3. Rinomina
  4. Memorizza
  5. Evento
  6. Codice OPEN

P.S.
I’m using an F453 web server so I’m not 100% sure about MYHOMESERVER1

Hi Francesco, thank you for your reply.

I meant to say I’ve tried the WHO=5 Request Status method where you seemed to avoid using AUX channels '#50##’ but it doesn’t work to me.

Unfortunately my Alarm Unit KIT48ZIP it’s rather different from the one you have tested.
It seems like it doesn’t allow me to specify in any way the OPEN Code, nor the Gateway.

I guess the MYHOMESERVER1 OpenWebnet Server communicate with the Alarm Unit but I don’t know how (it’s not documented) and I cannot find a way to setup Aux Commands via Bticino Tialarm Commands.

I guess there is no way to locally control my Burglar Alarm system, that’s a shame.

Thanks again.
Gil

Ah yeah, sorry.
The command *#5*0## should work directly without any aux commands.
Unfortunately the documentation is very poor and it is difficult to understand what the issue could be.

I’m sorry
Regards

Hello, I’mt rying to control my 3486 from OH since months. I actually manage it via Domoticz and AUX commands as you suggest. I found that way years ago in Domoticz forum. I have both MHS1 and LN4890 touch gateways. MHS1 does not allow to send open commands to 3486 so I defined both gateways to Domoticz and I enabled only 3486 on LN4890 to control it via buttons. I tried to do the same thing in OH but I never suceeded in this because I’m not a programmer, also if I know very well networks and operating systems. Could you kindly suggest initial steps and what to learn to try to implement your solutions? I have OH3 in Raspberry pi4, fully functional for WHO 1,2,4.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I was able to use the check script in a bash terminal this way:
/usr/bin/python /usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master/alarm_status.py
I see that somewhen it asnswers correctly and somewhen it ends without returning any value, so I modify it to print the result of the command and I can see that only few times it returns a value. Is there any control on the timmout or checking the answer I can add?
root@mhw:/usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master # /usr/bin/python /usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master/alarm_status.py
59*##

root@mhw:/usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master # /usr/bin/python /usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master/alarm_status.py

root@mhw:/usr/local/src/openwebnet-alarm-master #

hallo,
I would like to complete the integration of the BTicino Alarm in the OpenWebNet binding.
Since documentation is very unprecise, I would need some good and patient testers here to perform some accurate tests and and send logs.
Anyone available? Maybe @fmalfatto ?
I guess also @Giovanni_Fabiani may want to contribute to testing/coding.
Let me know and I will open a new dedicated Thread

i am up for testing for the MyHOME - alarm centeral with GSM/PSTN communicator. I have a bunch of motion sensors inputs sirene.

Hello @massi,
I could do testing, just tell me how to proceed.

I could test too, not on main production server because I need to maintain it always active, but I have a small PI3 with a test instance of OH3 and I can use it to test. I’m not a Java programmer, so I need some advice to configure debug and obtain useful logs. What I’m always missing in OH (due to my zero competence in Java debugging) is the lack of readable logs. Each time a have an exception, I can read hundred of lines in openhab.log, but I’m unable to find the error and hint about identify it.
This would be indeed a great step in my environment ! TY again for your effort.

Hi @massi,

I’m a kind of noob in testing, but a have a BTicino alarm and a BTicino system (MH202) configured in OH 3.4 M3. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks for your work.

G

hi @psk
you can test the new Alarm support with this version published here
Instructions to install it via marketplace or manually (preferred):