[SOLVED] PaperUI not available and Items doesnt work after Update

For me it took a very long time for PaperUI to show up. I suggest cleaning the cache and then reboot and wait an hour.

1 Like

.:+1: On cleaning cache and rebooting.

Same thing happened with me when upgrading, guess it happens when downgrading also.

@Webfeger For cleaning the cache use the following commands:

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo reboot

2 Likes

@H102:
No i didnt change any config files in 2.4
Thanks for cache commands

@BobMiles
Thats heavy. Any ideas why it needs so long?

Now i switched back to 2.3 and restored the config again. I try to update again with a clean cache

After updating to 2.4 give OH a little time to start up, maybe 15 minuets, then use the same commands posted above for cleaning the cache and rebooting. This should fix your issues,:crossed_fingers: if not post the logs and we can start from there.

As for PaperUI taking so long to load I have no idea what might cause that issue. I didn’t have that problem when upgrading, just several error’s in the logs but a reboot fixed those.

I know that OH need a little time but i got too much error messages.
Now it seems to work but i get one rule errors and too much info messages that need to be disabled.

If the error pertaining to the rule is only during startup then that’s ok as OH loads items and rule files at different times.

If the error still happens after everything is loaded post the rule and the errors you see in the logs.

You can also filter the log to only show what you want.

1 Like

Anything changed with “ThingAction” in 2.4
follow rule didnt work anymore:

WZSmokeDetector_ThingStatus = ThingAction.getThingStatusInfo("mihome:smoke:158d0001e640c7").getStatus()

this log will be post continously:

2018-12-21 18:10:41.360 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule ‘CheckSmokeDetectors’: The name ‘ThingAction’ cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 230, column 16, length 11

I don’t use mihome but I did see something about it on github while looking at other issues. I’ll see if I can find it again.

i solved this issue by following post: openHAB 2.4 Milestone builds

So, now everything is working and no errors or issues?

Actually some changes / new bindings was required but actually everything works fine.
I think something was going wrong after first update.

Now i looking for excluding some event logs but this doesn’t belong to this topic.

Thanks for fast help !!

@Webfeger glad everything is working.:+1:

If you would please mark the topic as solved by clicking the square box on the post that provided the solution and edit the title to start with [Solved].

I think this may be what your looking for.:wink:

Thanks

Sorry to bump a closed topic, but this one seemed the closest to the error I’m seeing.

I had a system that wasn’t auto-detecting new devices, which a “clean-cache” command and a reboot normally fixes.

But now I have a Start page with only one thing in it.
NodeRed.

openhab.log shows this error, every few minutes

2019-05-07 21:35:07.142 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habpanel; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habpanel)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-habpanel/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-habpanel/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=pom; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201903170919,2.5.0.201903170919]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve pom/2.5.0.201903170919: missing requirement [pom/2.5.0.201903170919] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]
2019-05-07 21:36:07.270 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.paper; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201903170926,2.5.0.201903170926]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201903170926: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201903170926] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.http)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]
2019-05-07 21:44:08.187 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habpanel; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habpanel)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-habpanel/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-habpanel/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=pom; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201903170919,2.5.0.201903170919]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve pom/2.5.0.201903170919: missing requirement [pom/2.5.0.201903170919] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]
2019-05-07 21:45:06.923 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.paper; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201903170926,2.5.0.201903170926]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201903170926: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201903170926] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.http)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]
2019-05-07 21:46:09.006 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habpanel; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-habpanel)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-habpanel/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-habpanel/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=pom; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201903170919,2.5.0.201903170919]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve pom/2.5.0.201903170919: missing requirement [pom/2.5.0.201903170919] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]
2019-05-07 21:47:08.205 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-persistence-mapdb, openhab-voice-voicerss, openhab-binding-exec, openhab-binding-bluetooth, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-misc-restdocs, openhab-binding-avmfritz, openhab-binding-serial1, openhab-binding-amazonechocontrol, openhab-binding-sonos, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-transformation-regex, openhab-binding-chromecast, openhab-ui-paper': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; version="[2.5.0.SNAPSHOT,2.5.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.5.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-paper/2.5.0.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.paper; type=osgi.bundle; version="[2.5.0.201903170926,2.5.0.201903170926]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201903170926: missing requirement [org.openhab.ui.paper/2.5.0.201903170926] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="(&(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.http)(version>=2.5.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))"]]

is this normal and will an hour waiting solve it?

Or do I need to do something drastic?

Currently running on an Odroid C2, with NOTHING but

NodeRed
VelServ
openHAB2

openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1512

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Update

I thought I would be clever and take a look at the Karaf console to see if I can see anything.

bundle:list showed the normal stuff, but notably, habpanel and paperui were missing

so I tried these commands

openhab> bundle:install paperui
Bundle IDs:
Error executing command: Error installing bundles:
        Unable to install bundle paperui: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error reading bundle content.
openhab> bundle:install habpanel
Bundle IDs:
Error executing command: Error installing bundles:
        Unable to install bundle habpanel: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error reading bundle content.

Does that help in any way to explain what’s happening?

and then…

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve / fix this?

I would recommend a backup, reinstall and restore. Looks like filesystem corruption…

1 Like

Thanks.

I thought I was doing something terribly wrong.

Stopping openHAB2 created backup JSON files, so I ran these commands

sudo apt-get remove openhab2

sudo apt-get install openhab2

20 minutes later and everything was back up and running :slight_smile:

I did try

sudo apt-get install openhab2 --reinstall

But that returned an error, something about the application not being “reinstallable”

I made a update from oh2 snapshot #1555 to the latest #1587

But now my openhab2 sitemap stucks, i only get the item-names, no more label-names.

And i get many many many errors in the log…

cannopt retrieve item …
error druring execution of rule …
Item xxx does not exist
failed to read line from squeeze server socket: Socket closed
Rule xxx cannot be resolved to an item or type

and so on

I already did cache cleaning, server reboots, … waiting long time, but nothing happens to remove the errors…

Any idea?

This is driving me insane now.

I thought everything was working.

I had HabPanel, but no paperUI

So i cleaned the cache again, and now I have paperUI, but no Habpanel.

I looked into the Karaf console and it seems that the Habpanel bundle is Active, but I saw this error message

bundle org.apache.felix.scr:2.1.14 (39)Error while loading components of bundle org.openhab.ui.habpanel:2.5.0.M1 (241)

I’ve removed HabPanel from the addons in paperUI

Cleaned the cache… again

restarted openHAB2

Installed HabPanel

karaf says that it’s loaded and active, but still nothing in the start screen.

Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Short of Purging the install and starting from a blank slate, I can’t think of anything else to do.

I wouldn’t recommend using the 2.5 snapshots at the moment. If it is for a specific binding, just add it to the M1 release in the addons directory.

Which OH version are you running? The M1 or a later snapshot?

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I can confirm that the current running version is

openHAB 2.5.0.M1 Milestone Build

As shown at the bottom of the Start Page

bundle:list in Karaf shows

238 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.5.0.M1               │ HABPanel User Interface

Update - Success

I’ve deleted lots of config files like habpanel.config and rebooted / restarted a dozen times.

and now…

I HAVE A HABPANEL LINK :smile:

I think there was / is an error in the habpanel.config file

because if I put the previous one back in, I loose the Habpanel icon and access via the URL